ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Head unit cuts out then, powers up straight away

Clio Extreme 1.2 16v 2003

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Loose connection? Bugger all room behind the head unit, I always remove the top dash, get the leads in place then put the stereo in and put the dash together.

The settings on the amp
Gain is bout just over half
Bass EQ = bout 3 quarters
LP = down all the way

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
on alpine there is a setting FES or something like that. fi it turnt on and the built in amp when it gets hot or when the power is moving really fast it will cut out.

turn it off and all will be fine. Ive got a alpine aswell. will chech later what the actually name of it is, cant remember from heart.

but yeh think its a setting on the player not a loose conection :)

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
have you wired the permenant live on the alpine to the battery, as theyr all ment to be, but no one ever does, and as for sub cutting out too much gain and probs best to run the remote wire from a constant live not the blue off the HU, as this will give it more power, or rather a constant power

by permenant live do you mean the fat red cable with fuse on that runs to the amp or another wirr...?

think the remote wire is connected to a blue from the head unit...!

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
lol, i ment the permenant live to the HU, not the amp, as if its connected to the cars harness alpine are very fussy and sometimes cut out if the draw is too big from all the systems its running

ok done some research... Think the head units wired up to the switched live... As if the key is not in the ignition the head unit wouldnt start... So should i put the switched live and permenant live the other way round? If so what colours are they. Would this mean i would have to turn the hu off every time i get out the car, as it would drain the battery regardles whether the face is taken off?

vaux cavalier
The Alpine 9833s are cracking units, if its cutting out then its a loose connection or voltage issue.....(obviously lol)....

Head unit;
This unit has a few quirks that can manifest in certain situations....To address these you should;

1, Fit a direct fused battery feed to the Yellow on the Alpine loom....(use 20amp cable fused at 15amps at the battery)....
2, Earth the BLACK wire from the Alpine loom direct to the chassis, (effectively bypassing the stock audio earthing)....Again use 20amp cable....
3, If using external amplifiers to drive all speakers then turn the internal Alpine amp OFF, (Function is---POWER IC on/off)....
4, When setting the Sub amps gain control the head units sub output level should be set at 15, this is because on Alpine units this level is actually 0dB....(you can opt for a lower level as long as you understand the basics of clipping and what it results in)....

The head unit was still cutting out so i hooked up a red 8AWG power cable direct from the battery to the yellow permanent live from the alpine head unit. The head unit hasnt cut out since. Thank you everyone for your help, much appreciated.