ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alot of miles!

none :(
Hi i was just going through a few threads an saw people were going to change parts because of alot of miles:S , my car has done its fair few...lol...100,000:eek: ...but its my first car so i'm not after perfection just wheels for a year or 2 and then wheninsurance comes down maybe go for something bigger like a 2.0 16v:cool: lol....it has been reguarly serviced every 10,000 to 20,000 or so miles...is there anything i should get changed or keep an eye on:S ? i have to get a new battery but apart from that what mechanically needs watching/replacing? Thanks :)

The cambelt and tensioners is under £100 if you've no documents saying it's been done recently it's worth changing. Suspension bushes,balljoints,track rod ends and shock absorbers may need attention but it depends if you feel the car isn't handling as well as should be expected.
Apart from that I say if it isn't broke don't fix it and i'm well over 100k now!

nice so even though its got a few miles on it it'll still drive well? thats kool, i was expecting eveyone to say 'its gonna die soon' or 'why buy it with that many miles' but aslong as it'll last a couple of years i'll be happy...£50 for an s reg clio and about £400 on parts cant be too bad:D

Yeah mine handles aswell now as it ever has. Getting the alignment checked will be worth it also.
We've all got to start somewhere and theirs lots of worse cars out their than a high mileage Clio. Hopefully the previous owner/s of your car will have gave it lots of tlc.

well it was like i said serviced reguarly but they did manage to crash it into a tree :dapprove: they say it was less than 30mph but the damge says otherwise lol but i know some cars are a bit 'softer' than others lol

is there anything i should get changed or keep an eye on:S ? i have to get a new battery but apart from that what mechanically needs watching/replacing? Thanks :)
Just general service stuff
Gearbox oil
Change coolent
Brake fluid
Suspension bushes
but wats going to go first :p...how much is a cambelt if i can fit it?
£80 for the kit then its a few hours to fit assuming your hasn't had a new cambelt get it done ASAP it will break if its not been changed.

hmmm i'll have a look at the service history....i think it MAY have had one around 70k but not sure.
Just add to the things i need lol

subframe
gearbox mount
2 wings
bonnet
bumper
radiator
front panel
valance

basically a new front end apart from the engine lol

also does anyone know how hard these engines are to remove? cause mines gotta come out to replace the broken parts:dapprove: thanks :D

Their easy to take out I've removed and refitted mine in less than a day though it depends if you've done it before.
From that list or parts though I can't see any reason the engine has to come out?

Does it not need to come out to fit the subframe because i was told the engine cradle was damaged....my step dad takes out, re-builds engines and replaces engines but usually for older cars and he hasnt done a clio

sorry for double post but i've jus found out the cambelt was replaced at 60k:D so hopefully its gotta bit of life left:approve:

also does anyone know how hard these engines are to remove? cause mines gotta come out to replace the broken parts:dapprove: thanks :D
Easy to remove a few hours if you've got an engine crane nice small engine to work on realy.

If you want to take engine out (if you've the time and tools I would then might as well check clutch at the same time.
sorry for double post but i've jus found out the cambelt was replaced at 60k:D so hopefully its gotta bit of life left:approve:

I woulnd't leve it more than other 20k then realy the cambelt.

ouch! yer i'll check the clutch to make sure :p cause i'll swear if i dont and it breaks after a few miles lol.....60k was about 43k miles ago so i'll get it checked....what happens when it snaps then? does the car suddenly grind to a halt? never had it happen to me:D but it is my first car s not suprising lol:rasp:

ouch! yer i'll check the clutch to make sure :p cause i'll swear if i dont and it breaks after a few miles lol.....60k was about 43k miles ago so i'll get it checked....what happens when it snaps then? does the car suddenly grind to a halt? never had it happen to me:D but it is my first car s not suprising lol:rasp:

If the cambelt fails the valves hit the pistons and damage isn't worth fixing, the best value is to buy and fit a whole new engine.

Yep it sort of dies the engine powe ryou hear a nice snap and ping before hand and wonder why the car makes funny noises when you try start it.