ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys & lowering

If I got 15" wheels for my mk.1, would it look OK for a while without lowering it, or would I have to lower it a bit at the same time to keep it looking ok? Also, does anyone get any rubbing with the 15"?

15s are probably the optimum wheel size for the Mk1 non-wide arch (i.e. not 16v/Williams) Clio. I fitted 15s and 16s on my old 1.2 and the 15s were easily the best - slight rubbing, but it was lowered to the floor. 16s meant major rubbing, poor handling (not to be confused with grip) and poo acceleration/top speed.

On a 16v/Williams or a Mk2 Clio, 15" is a bit on the small side for an aftermarket wheelset - besides, the 16v and Willy look best on the original 15" wheels.

Yeah a bloke down the road has a valver, got his original wheels refurbed and diamond cut, they look pretty good.

I used to run my clio on just 15"s for a while, it didnt look bad but just lowered it 60mm at the back and 35mm on the front, keeping my 15"s and looks way better! Still thinking of lowering front more, if u wanna pic send me an email or PM me

I have it lowered to the top of my tyre on the back (195/50/15) and it rubs on the inner lining over bad bumps with just me in the car. With someone in the back, you can hear is scraping - I also have a line around my tyre wall where the inside arch has rubbed.. Gotta get that lip grinded off methinks and the lining removed.

Lowered -35mm on the front, and it rubs slightly on full lock on the inside of the arch.

Hope this helps,

Daz.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Mines droped 55mm on the front and a bit lower on the back running 15s on 45 pro tyres no rubbing what so ever even with 3 other people in the car. Still got the linings although I have moved the rear ones slightly. I wouldnt think about putting larger than 15s on mine purely for performance and handleing reasons. If your after looks then 16s will look better.