ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloygators. Opinions.

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
I've seen a couple of threads on these but they are all at least 5 years old. I know they have been updated since them posts as well. They have been recommended to me by someone but wanted some other opinions. I also noted that one of the Clio Cup teams are sponsored by them (maybe use them?). Anyways whats you guys opinions these days? I will more than likely buy them but just wondered what you guys thought.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The team you're thinking of is on the tip of my tongue, mk3 and mk4 cup racers, grey, red and green with green wheel gators?

The green pin stripe looked OK on their race cars, but the gators themselves look a bit s**t. And they would not look good on a road car at all.

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
The team you're thinking of is on the tip of my tongue, mk3 and mk4 cup racers, grey, red and green with green wheel gators?

The green pin stripe looked OK on their race cars, but the gators themselves look a bit s**t. And they would not look good on a road car at all.
Cheers for the advice. The plan was to get blue ones on my black alloys but maybe its not such a good idea. I would be going to a proper supplier so may just ask him if he can offer one up to see how it may look.

upload_2017-3-1_22-3-14.png

They get a bad rep but I've never personally met one so can't comment.

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
Please don't do it, they look terrible
I did originally think that but the latest ones seem to look a lot better than the older ones imo. Im really unsure will defo have to see what the body shop says as hes an honest guy who actually just give honest opinions

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
So the consensus is (drum roll please) I will not be buying them and just be bloody careful with my wheels. Cheers for the input guys read too many horror stories elsewhere

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

The penatgon cars that were at csf last year!

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
And a set on a Merc we've just done in silver. Like I say horses for courses :)
IMG_8112.JPG
IMG_8113.JPG

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've only slightly curbed 2 wheels in 14 year of driving, sad days. So I wouldn't bother personally.

But I can hardly tell there is one on those pics above.