ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All White Now...

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
MINI UPDATE 13/04/08

Cheers to Fatboyslim and BBS BOY for their hard graft this morning....

KW Coilovers and Eibach spacers fitted!

Car looks fant6astic now and handles even better!

I was expecting a real harsh ride with the KWs in but to be honest you wouldn't even know they are there unless you need to corner quickly when they really come into play!

I found myself accelerating into corners on the way back form Newcastle this afternoon....

Enjoy...

Before...

IMG_0242.gif

After...

IMG_0297.gif

IMG_0285.gif

IMG_0286.gif

IMG_0287.gif

IMG_0288.gif

IMG_0290.gif

IMG_0291.gif

IMG_0296.gif

IMG_0298.gif

And a little of the racecar look...Cheers Max!

IMG_0293.gif

IMG_0294.gif

IMG_0295.gif

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Maybe you missed the bit about the KW coilovers having been fitted this morning....:eek:

A few weeks they'll be bedded in.

The fronts are only 50% of their maximum drop and the rears are as low as the KWs go....

And yes Cup spoiler on the way....

Cro

Meg'd r27
Looking well tim, whats the story with the stickers? Are you going to get the spoiler and air vent?

mmmmmmmmmm that looks soooooooo good mate. coilovers made huge improvement imo.

so so tempted everytime i see pictures of a cup

enjoy it

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Cro clio - check a few pages back and you'll see the sticker connection...!

Yes Spoiler is on the way! Roof Vent may not be a goer until I can convince the wife that it won't look Chavtastic@

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent!!! White does look soooo good. :)

IMG_0291.gif

^Still not convinced on the spacers imo. Looks too stuck out, pretty much level with the arch?? I run mine without and it looks fine, mine probably runs a wee bit lower on the front. I'd be slightly worried of the wheel 'grabbing' the front arch with some lock applied, especially if it rides over a bump. Fred had this a few times with his loooow Clio.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its too much imo. Take 10mm or so off and it'll be reet. Problem is the hubcentric ones come only in 25mm, as these spacers first bolt to the hub, then the wheel bolts to the spacer. Less than 25mm means a normal spacer and wheel bolts are needed. If there were any positives in spacing out the wheels, i'm sure Renault would have changed the offset on the 197 Cup chassis, like they did with Turinis on the 172 Cup. They have not, so peeps just space them out for looks alone.

Last edited:
  MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Decided to become a bit more cup racecar like today! Just a few to begin with then who know's it might become a total replica (Y)

tim4.gif

tim3.gif

tim2.gif

tim1.gif

"Navy" N17 TWO
Tim I hear on the grapevine you are taking that fantastic beast to the RenaultSport stand on 15th July? :)

Looks lush!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
When the car the first thing I wanted to do was put the black rub strips on but a lot of the cup cars run colour coded side strips and its really only the 197 Cup road car sports black rub strips! Still may do it but other things take priority!

Tigger - see you on the 15th! Off to Kirki soon for a nosey!

MKIII 138

and people said the 197 was ugly and too big lol, that looks great. i cant really think of another car you can pick up new for £13k-£14k that looks as good. as always with reanaultsport you also get the performance to match.

looks mint