ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALL GOING WRONG!

Monblue bombay badboy!
well i had it all planned this weekend just got my fcs tickets through been to halfrauds and bought all my cleaning stuff was gonna give the car a rite good gonig over so it looked the bo**ox for fcs. Gets it home yesterday and it now is refusing to start. Booked into a garage and they cant start work on it till tuesday which means they have to find the prob then get the part and fix it. So i am at fcs my car will not be looking itrs best thats if i make it at all sooooooooo gutted i have put alot of work into my car last 6 months pi**ed rite off!:mad:

BMW F31
i know this may sound stupid as you have given us no details on the syptoms of it not starting, but the most common thing on here seems to be the TDC sensor, might be worth having a look at it and giving it a clean, then seeing if its ok ;)

is it intermittently strating or just refusing full stop e.g no starter etc?

Monblue bombay badboy!
tdc sensor cleaned no change put screw driver between ht lead and coil pack no spark think i found the prob

Monblue bombay badboy!
well i just looked through service history and the tdc has already been changed as problem has occoured before so im gonna take a gamble and change the coilpack instead of paying the garage loads to do the same

Mégane RS
check the fuel cut off switch in the engine, big red button next to the battery and ecu

TeZ

Non RS : (
what garage do u use baggins as mine needs a sevice got any good ones near me? in oxfordshire

Monblue bombay badboy!
well just changed the coil pack no luck reckon its the tdc.

Tez do not go to cross roads bunch of bodgers

Audi TT 225
Mine been at yozzasport since the dawn of time and doubt I'll get it before FCS...
At least you'll have your car :(

Monblue bombay badboy!
[Mine been at yozzasport since the dawn of time and doubt I'll get it before FCS...
At least you'll have your car :(

no point having it if it dont move:dapprove:

MK1 monster
Im in the same boat everything is going wrong at once ive got it back from angel about 10 days ago and ive had new driveshafts, tyres, power steering pipe and other bits since and now ive got a mis-fire and a noisy pulley!

Monblue bombay badboy!
changed coil pack, changed tdc sensor still fooked any1 else got any more ideas or is it bite the bullet time and take it to a garage which i cant afford

TeZ

Non RS : (
^^ bite it mate, use Jaybee motors banbury or If your willing to have it serviced by a fellow Clio Sport owner then he should speak to Neil Plant of Barrie Plant and Sons garage based in Bicester - 01869 322 234.-

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Is the immobiliser light going out on the dash? If not try the spare key.

I was just thinking about that too!

I know what he's going through though, I've had to replace loads on my car since November. It's got to go in AGAIN on Tuesday to have the top engine mount done. I'll have spent roughly £900 on repairs since November. Grrrrrrr

The beauty of owning a Renault eh?

Monblue bombay badboy!
immobiliser light is going off and seems fine gonna take it to the garage tomorrow at least i know i cant drive it so i can take my engine apart and finish my detailing thanks for your help folks maybe see you at the fcs?:)

Only other easy thing to check is the fuses - iirc there is a fusebox located in the engine compartment, check them all.

You could always try phoning your local renault garage and ask to speak to the service dept and see if they will give you any help - although if they are like any renault garage I have ever delt with you would be better off going to the zoo and asking a chimp instead!

Monblue bombay badboy!
phoned renault all they said was they were unable to give out info on the phone i would have to take it in to be put on the clip which is a 100 charge

Monblue bombay badboy!
car been on clip all day and they say i have no power going to coil pack, they think it could be the immobiliser buut the clip is telling them that it is fine!

Fuel filter blocked?
Unlikly its good for 150k.
phoned renault all they said was they were unable to give out info on the phone i would have to take it in to be put on the clip which is a 100 charge
They cannot realy do diagnostics ove the phone for free.
car been on clip all day and they say i have no power going to coil pack, they think it could be the immobiliser buut the clip is telling them that it is fine!
Sounds like there throwing you a line that a load of lies can instyantly tell if the imobiliser is the problem.