ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alignment and Tracking - Manchester

M135i and the shed
Morning ladies and gents.

I'm looking to get the alignment and tracking checked on my R26 and am struggling to find a reputable place around Manchester to carry out this work. I'd rather not take it to the kwik fit monkeys so would appreciate some reccomendations if possible? Somewhere that knows their onions and won't scratch my wheels please.

Ta in advance. :)

There's a place in Bolton that use a Hunter system, canne remember the name of the damn place though, I know Jon.G knows the place. Sheldons in Salford are meant to be good too

Merc A class
Our technicians are fully trained and work to the highest level
Current main dealer spec designed workshop
V.A.G. service & diagnostic equipment (inc new VAS 5052A machine)
4 wheel computerised laser alignment centre with printout
Dyno-Jet rolling road diagnostics available

Maybe then only like working on Vag's :rasp:

M135i and the shed
Just checked with Awesome. £99 for a 4 wheel alignment.............................................

340i
Ouch £99 for an alignment!

Any places with a Hunter system are 'normally' reputable...

A local place to me, ETS charge £40 for a full 4 wheel alignment with print out etc.

Sheldons is by Salford Sainsburys, next to the Dulux shop. They just have generic laser alignment system.

Bolton is a place called Nigel Langs. If you're after a place with a hunters system, check alignmycar.co.uk all that are listed on there are hunters garages.

M135i and the shed
Booked in to Ninemeister in Warrington for Wednesday morning. Some good feedback from the trackday boys on this lot.

Booked in to Ninemeister in Warrington for Wednesday morning. Some good feedback from the trackday boys on this lot.

post on here/text me how you get on. allignment done if its good then balancing at btm, unless he can do it with his senses and not lasers ;)

M135i and the shed
Forgot to update this. Visited Ninemeister in Warrington on Wednesday. A very pleasant bunch of chaps with some mega serious Porsche machinery in the workshop. Had a full alignment and geo using their Hunter equipment.

Would definately recommend for us lot in the North West.

M135i and the shed
how much though?

£60 all in. Happy to pay that just on the basis that they knew what they were doing and weren't going to scratch the crap out of my wheels. :)

The boys at Birchdown recommended Demon Tweeks but it's a bit far from Manchester for just a bit of alignment tweaking.

M135i and the shed
£60 just for a front wheel toe adjustment? OOOOOOOUSH

To be fair, I could have said it cost £5 and i'd have got the same response. ;) :D

They made me a brew, spent half and hour on it and didn't scratch or damage anything. Money well spent imo. I could have taken it to kwikfit for half the money but probably ended up with a bill for scratched wheels in the process. False economy.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I had my tracking sorted at Sheldons on Saturday.

Nice guys, were careful with the car, and all done in about 20mins.

Now drives true and straight, with the steering wheel centred. £25.

They did suggest I get some camber bolts in the future and have it set up again, given I have 2.5deg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I had my tracking sorted at Sheldons on Saturday.

Nice guys, were careful with the car, and all done in about 20mins.

Now drives true and straight, with the steering wheel centred. £25.

They did suggest I get some camber bolts in the future and have it set up again, given I have 2.5deg
Forgot about Sheldons, I've moved to Stockport now but used to live by Sheldons.

Took my R26 to some monkey setup in Stockport and it's still pulling to the left and steering wheel isn't centre. Been back to get it redone as well. CBA going back a third time. It really is hard to find someone who can track and balance wheels properly and it shouldn't be!!
Sheldons are good tho