ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aliens - colonial marines absolute ****

172 cup
Anyone intending to get this game DONT.

I thought i booted up my old playstation 1 when i inserted this game lol.

Graphics are shocking and game play is repetitive and unsatisfying. Trading in for dead space3.

Steves review

2/10

rant over

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Yup, its utter shite. Completed the co-op story with my cousin in 6.6 hours. Not played it since.

Nissan 350z
Alien-colonial-marine-lulzy.gif

133/225/CLS AMG
Gutted about this game as was really looking forward to it. I mean it doesn't have to be complicated, just tense, decent graphics and Aliens coming to f*ck your day up.

Sounds like they've made a total hash of it!

BG Clio 182
Yeah it really is that bad stupidly got it before, the reviews came out being a massive Aliens fan i had to have. The atmosphere and sound is spot on, just so unfortunate that it looks and plays awful. Although the multiplayer is quite fun may trade it on once completed no replayability in it for me.

Nissan 350z
Theres alot of talk going around that aparently Gearbox stole all of the money Sega paid them to make Aliens, and instead used it to help finish Borderlands2 while they outsourced Aliens to Timegate (who made Section8). I mean watch this comparison for example between what they demo'd to the press and what was actually released its like 2 seperate games?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fabia VRS & Yeti
A shame. I've lost count of how many games have been based on this film. None have ever lived up to expectations :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They would have been far better at licensing the L4D2 engine from Valve and heavily modifying it with the Aliens setting. 4 Marines going up against waves of aliens in an objective-based FPS? Would have worked far better imo...

D.

seriously wtf???? haha that has got to be a serious flaw with the intelligence system....

it looks like its got downs syndrome ffs!!!

infact someone should photoshop a handbag into that so it looks like its just going for a stroll to the shops....

That part of the game I read is where the aliens have some kind of infection? Down in the sewers, they can't see, but can hear you supposedly.

I pre ordered this based on the Demo Play shown in that video above, the final product, such a disappointment, the multiplayer is only average due to the poor lighting aswell.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's crazy, because the advert and trailer for this make it look f*cking sensational.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
That part of the game I read is where the aliens have some kind of infection? Down in the sewers, they can't see, but can hear you supposedly.

I pre ordered this based on the Demo Play shown in that video above, the final product, such a disappointment, the multiplayer is only average due to the poor lighting aswell.

Being a huge Aliens fan I preordered this on the back of the demo videos that had been released. I cancelled it one week before its release as I was starting to hear bad things - I'm so glad I did, it looks shockingly bad. And what the hell is that Alien doing in that little clip? I don't know about an infection - that particular highly evolved killing machine looks like it's constipated if you ask me.

You'd think that after the last few films (and games for that matter) had pretty much turned the whole Alien saga into a joke (in particular AVP Requiem, but nothing since Aliens has been any good - including Prometheus in my opinion) you'd think that someone, somewhere would want to do it justice. But no. Once again it's been totally wasted. I don't even want to play this as I know it will just annoy me.

Nissan 350z
Shame i cant find a bigger resolution of this:

tumblr_mi7h3rdqsx1rzf9v5o1_250.gif

There is also an "everybody walk the dinosaur" version floating around too :D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
My mate has this and was playing that part - basically as stated they can hear you but not see you and kind of wander around and react if they hear you.

That bit actually wasn't too bad - but lasted 4 mins at best.

The rest of it is UTTER TRIPE.

I was so excited when I heard this game was coming out... had the potential to be epic... was its failed in such a big way.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Picked it up on Steam when they sold it for £3.74 this week. Literally, it's just about worth it at that price. I feel so sorry for the gamers who paid full whack for this.

The production values are just awful - the AI even worse. And seemingly maxed-out at a steady 60fps, it plunges into three or four seconds of single frame-rates. These parts (I'm assuming) are where the upcoming bits of the level are being loaded.

There's zero atmosphere in this - I genuinely don't care about making it through the level. There's some weird hit detection going on with the aliens too - not forgetting that hit box on the alien itself is set to a short distance. Try to scope up and shoot an alien some distance away and the shells simply fail to connect. Gearbox should have stayed well away from this...... well away. Either that, or b*****dise their own Borderlands 2 engine - put the game back two years - and make a decent effort of it. Or pay up for the L4D2 engine, like I said earlier.

Such a shame.

​D.