ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm randomly going off after car wash..............

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
..............after the Christmas and New Year break I decided to give the car a much needed clean. Since this the car alarm keeps going off, during the day and night randomly. Have had a thought and blasted the wiper area with the hose, is there anything in this area, possibly under the scuttle panels, that I may have damaged?

Any thoughts on this? Driving me and the neighbours mad!!

Inferno 182 Cup
i think the bonnet alarm trigger/button is located on top of the grill about 2 inches away from the n/s headlight, perhaps you got a bit over excited with the jet in this area and damaged the wiring or something. either way this is a bit odd :S

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
i think the bonnet alarm trigger/button is located on top of the grill about 2 inches away from the n/s headlight, perhaps you got a bit over excited with the jet in this area and damaged the wiring or something. either way this is a bit odd :S

Yeah good shout, the bonnet sets the alarm when it is open and then shut but like you say, the switch could have water present and shorting the circuit (I have no idea if this is possible!!).

Back to my daily commute next week so hoping the heat will evaporate off and all will be ok!