ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm keeps going off !!!!!!

Clio V6 255
Hi everyone, not sure how this is going to work-being first post. Just got my V6 a few weeks ago and having a few problems with alarm. Keeps going off at all hours and I'm not keen on getting up at crack of dawn to turn it off !!!!!. It might be set too sensitive because it goes off when any bus or waggon goes past, think it must be due to vibrations. Can I change the sensitivity? Does anyone have same problem?

Its a dealership thing you need the wires for the sensors swopping round to reduce there sensetivity.
Best idea for the moment is to close the air vents and angle the door pillar sensors away from any noise.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good comment there edde. The wife's 182 has been a total biatch the last couple of weeks with the bloody alarm going off at all hours. Mine's been fine though? :S

D.

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
My 172 Cup's alarm always goes off when I have the window slightly open or sometimes if I lock it too quickly after shutting the door is can screw with it.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
What makes of alarm??????????

Some the sensitivity can be turned down etc.

Clio V6 255
Thanks for all the advice, I may be paying Renault a visit in the near future. To g40steve it's a Renault alarm model number 7895-7897, got the instructions but no mention of adjusting sensitivity.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i left my light on inside the car and the alarm went off. but i dont mind because at least you know it works.

Clio RS 172 Ph2
edde said:
Its a dealership thing you need the wires for the sensors swopping round to reduce there sensetivity.

Is there some technical document which I can refer the dealer to, to undertake this mod? When mine was in for a service, i asked them to turn down the sensitivity on the alarm as mine goes off all the time also, and they said there was no way to alter it, and if it kept going off, i should just lock the car manually and not use the alarm.

If I can point them in the direction of a technical bulletin reference, then hopefully I can pursuade them to do this?

Ford Fiesta
I posted how to turn your sensitivity down on 182/V6 alarms a few weeks ago.

182- take cup holder surround out and swop ultrasonic wire red to black and black to red. Mine started going off after 18 months of no problems. This cured it. Got it from top bloke who fits them for renault at the docks. He is a member on here also.

Check what is setting it off first, (look at number of LED flashes when you turn alarm off after it has gone off)

Swop the interier sensor wires round is the easy way to reduce sensitivity from 80 to 20%.
No idea why some cars do and some don't I'd suspect some installers (Renault UK cars are done where there imported on the docks) put th wires the other way round from new.
Its a Cobra alarm though.

137699 said:
Is there some technical document which I can refer the dealer to, to undertake this mod? When mine was in for a service, i asked them to turn down the sensitivity on the alarm as mine goes off all the time also, and they said there was no way to alter it, and if it kept going off, i should just lock the car manually and not use the alarm.

If I can point them in the direction of a technical bulletin reference, then hopefully I can pursuade them to do this?
Nope tell them to ring Cobra as they should do if they have a problem they don't know how to fix.
I think there is a tech note but I cannot remember my own phone number let alone technical note numbers.
Try another dealership or do the modification yourself.
Any dealer who fobs you off with the excuse of manually locking the car doesn't realy deserve any customers. You need to alarm the car realy for insurance.

Ford Fiesta
to be honest people, it takes about 5 mins to do yourself. Much better than taking it to dealers for all day.

that is if you are swopping wires over.

Clio RS 172 Ph2
Cheers for the advice - would like to try it myself - I have a mk1 v6 which doesn't have cup-holders, so I'm not sure where the mod needs to be done?

Will swapping the wires over at the rear of each ultrasonic sensor have the same effect?

Ford Fiesta
might do, same thing after all aint it. Bit more like hard work though, wires must be somewhere to hand, just follow wires from the sonics cant you?
Liam