ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AirBag - Service light. - Urgent Help.

A few
Ive decided to take mine to a garage tomorro. Going to find out what the problem is. Im fed up of messing around under the seats :D.

A few
Right the car was conected to the computer thing and it found the fault.

There's a problem with the rear seat belt. All the seatbelt mechanism will need to be replaced. He then told me that when the problem is fixed, it should be connected back to the computer the reset the fault/code.

Hope this helps anyone else whos having the same problem as me.

A few
Me either, but the man who connected it to the computer said it was the rear seatbelt. He said if i got that fixed and took it back to him he would clear the fault code for me for free.

Today i have taken a look at the rear seat belt and the seatbelt mechanism is broke. It doesnt work properly. This is then connected to a purple wire, which i suspect that it is connect in someway to the fault in the SERV light.

A few
I will keep your all updated. If anyone as a seatbelt mechanism for the rear O/S then let me know. I dont fancy paying renault dealer prices. The man said it would problay cost me £100+ from them. So im going to a few scrappies to find one.

Clio Mk2
Any update?

My light stayed off for over 5 days, then this morning came on again!! Grrr..

I think it's my passenger side where the wires have been cut and then crimped together with red crimps.

Yesterday was the first time a passenger went in the car for a while.. So must be that that's caused it.

Might have to playa round again

Tell me about it. When i took the seatbelt mechanism out of the car, i could see it was clearly broken. So looks like the man at the garage could be right.

I will keep you all updated on what the outcome is.

somethigng seems abit fishy about that, make sure you mark all your old seatbelts with a white pen or something permennt to actually see if they replace them...