ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Light Mk2 Ph2 Clio (MOT Fail)

2001 Clio 1.2 16v
Hi All,

Just stuck my Clio in for an MOT and it has failed on the airbag warning light being illuminated. Strangely, it passed last year with it illuminated (seems the rules have changed). From my understanding, this is an issue not with the airbag itself but the wiring under the seat (a mess as the previous owner installed a cd changer :boring:). I'm having the retest monday morning and would really appreciate any experience people have had of correcting this issue!

Should mention, I have tried wiggling the wires under the seat and occasionally it goes off, only to come back on again seconds later.

Thanks, Jake

Last edited:
On my daughters Clio it was the switch on the passenger door. Take switch off, spray contact cleaner on connections, turn the key switch on & off a few times. This fixed it about a year ago & has not come back.