ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag impact sensor change/testing

Clio dCi Expression
Sorry I didn't want to hijack Kirkyboy's thread on a similar issue as it might be different.
My garage has suggested the passenger side impact sensor is the cause of my issue and I've acquired a 2nd hand replacement. I wondered about just disconnecting the current one and connecting the new one and maybe even clearing the fault lights myself.
The thing is I've never messed with the airbag system before and the part number has a /A at the end which the existing one doesn't but the seller assured me it would be fine.
I wasn't sure if it would be safe to just connect the replacement or if anything needs to happen with the airbag ECU or anything at all?

dan's cast offs.
If you replace a faulty component with a good one light will go out without having to do anything.

Clio dCi Expression
Nice one, thanks. Might give it a go tomorrow. I don't know if that sensor connects to anything else, it's just exposed with the end connector plugged into it but not attached to anything else.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Theres two 10mm bolts that hold the sensor to the sill/side of the car and the electrical connector.

As with any airbag issues its always advisable to disconnect the battery and leave the car alone for 30 minutes before touching airbag system to allow any electrical current to dissipate first.