ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Temp

Clio 182 FF 2005
just found my old multimeter which has tempreture reading on a nice long peice of cable, so im gunna see what tempreture air im sucking into me engine, where abouts should i put the sensor? - just on the air filter i would of thought (k+n)? im getting rid of this soon so i can compare the results to the standard airbox and see if its much different, ill post the results on here when im done.

182 Full Fat
DefunkT said:
just found my old multimeter which has tempreture reading on a nice long peice of cable, so im gunna see what tempreture air im sucking into me engine, where abouts should i put the sensor? - just on the air filter i would of thought (k+n)? im getting rid of this soon so i can compare the results to the standard airbox and see if its much different, ill post the results on here when im done.

Sounds very interesting mat. Make sure you post the results up. I would place the sensor on the open air filter and see how much cold air is getting there :approve:

Clio 182 FF 2005
i jammed the sensor net to the open air filter the results are as follows:

Temp Outside : 30-32 c
Temp stuck in traffic : 55-60 c
Temp at 30mph : 40-42 c
Temp at 70mph : 32-40

quite interesting really because i have 2 cold air feeds as soon as u get moving the temp shoots down, but stuck in traffic even for 30 seconds or so the temp shoots right up to over 50, i think the temp at 70mph would of gone down a bit more but i was only doing it for a couple miles, before the engine was even started the tempreture under the bonnet was 40+ degress. when i get the standard airbox back on there ill see how it effects the tempretures, any1 know a good way of doing the cold air feeds etc in a mk1?

182 Full Fat
DefunkT said:
Temp stuck in traffic : 55-60 c

Thats shocking. Might be also interesting to see what temperature increases are shown when sat in traffic at night. Do you details/info on the bit of kit you use to get these temps?