ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Sucking

Valver
Does anybody know how many cubic feet of air the mk1 or mk2 clio sucks in at full throttle? or atleast what is it capable of? i know its a bit technical lol just a project im doing ;)

Valver
basing it on a 3" (76mm) with a high flowing filter. im making a system that will ram air into the intake without restricting airflow, but need to know if it will ram in more than it sucks in normally in otherwords will i get a boost as my ram will thrust 145cubic feet of air per minute. ;) so need to know what the clio takes in without force lol so confusing i know

Last edited:
  Ph1 172
Engine has a capacity of say 2 litres.

Each rpm half the cylinders draw in air, so 1 liter per rpm.

At 7000 rpm that is 7000 litres. Efficiency loss will knock say 10%? off that, somewhere over 6000 litres per minute, which is 212 cubic feet per minute.

Valver
clever mother fucker! :D . alot of filters will restrict the amount of air to be drawn in even ones such as K&N, i have imported a high flowing filter that filters excellent but allows so much air in than normal and if ramming 145feet of air to the filter edge im sure there is going to be a positive boost

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
PMSL, do a search for ram air.

Thats an old subject i thought i'd never see on here again!

Valver
Get a faster car? my car is quite fast as it is thankyou ;) Buuut i am a tuner, so im gonna modify. what i am going to do i have never seen before and now i have my answer, thankyou.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
at what speed will it ram 145 cubic feet?
surely you won't see a gain if the approx figure of 212 cubic is right until the ram is exceeding that kind of intake?
just wondering..correct me if i'm wrong!