ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filters

Clio Sport 172
Ive got a K&N Airfilter and it does sound good. Ive got a lot of friends that keep tellin me to get Pipercross instead. Is Pipercross better or not? (performance wise)

1996 Valver
No dont think they are, I think piperx just provide more noise.
If you want power, leave you std airbox and get a pannel filter

TDI tyre shreader
You'll strugle to get more than that, ITG make the best panel filters as used by just about every motorsports team in the world!!

Monaro VXR
Well you cant expect masses of power from a filter. Those that say they get 10bhp are just kidding themselves generally.

Skoda Fabia vRS
yea, a lot of power figures quoted in mags are complete rubbish

most of the filters are very similar to each other tbh in terms of performance

foam does better though once dirty, it will still flow fairly well, whereas cotton gauze the flow rate drops quite a lot when it gets dirty, but, saying that, in general the cotton filters are more free flowing than foam to begin with

Clio Sport 172
yer, i think for a first car im doing ok anyways ill just put the bodykit on it and alloys to finish the project, if i want something special ill probably have to fork out for a clio sport 16v or something.