ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air filter

1.2 Dynamique 03
Bought a coned sport air filter from ebay, just wondering if it will make any difference to performance? don't know much about this stuff, cheers!

well all the adverts for air filters say you can get up to 10bhp more, but tbh you wont feel any performance difference on a 1.2 (if thats what you got), just out of interest what filter did you get?

Clio 182
If you were looking for performance gains you'd have to aim £150+ in my opinion, a cone wont do much apart from make noise. The best thing for performance would be a panel filter.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You are being a grade A c**t today mate.

New user, asks a question, semi noob who thinks he's bad with 200 posts rips into him, user leaves.

In my experience mate you won't see much in the way of performance, but the noise gains are worth it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

New user, asks a question, semi noob who thinks he's bad with 200 posts rips into him, user leaves.

IDD!

The standard airbox with a panel filter + uprated airfeeds is more than good enough for a standard engine, JMS have an induction setup which has given good results which I run a very simular setup to which also does the job nicely :)

yeah agree with rob, most induction kits on the market promise gains but only real gains are noise.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

My apologies. Just in a foul mood. Maybe I shouldnt take it out on n00bs

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
Bought a coned sport air filter from ebay, just wondering if it will make any difference to performance? don't know much about this stuff, cheers!

Sadly, you will probably lose a couple bhp with it, Renaults just dont seem to make any decent gains on induction, best system is a closed induction box with a filter inside.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
i currently run a K&N induction kit on my 1.2 16v, to be honest you can't expect any performance out of a £70 filter, its purely for noise and nothing else to be honest. Bye fuel though.