ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air con problems

renault clio sport
can anyone please help got my air con regassed yesterday ,was driving along today air con was cold I turned the temp up to 20 then back down to 16 ,when it went back down it is trying to cool the car down cos the fan is going flat out ,but it is hot air ,and I mean hot air.....please advise please:(

renault clio sport
yes the tone of the engine changes and you here a click .....seem to me as if the flap from hot to cold is stuck....but not to sure how climate works....the heater goes flat out as if it trying to cool but hot

Faz - the motors that control temperature can sometimes smash/break the little gearcog that adjusts the heat of the air, if you have climate control then i believe it's a case of looking into the drivers footwell, into the rear-right of the console, there's a metal palte that the motors are bolted to.
Anyway, unbolt all that, you;ll the cog, then something like a cable-tie/circlip something like that around it and put the motor assembly back on sorts it right out. On mine w/o climate control, i glued the adjustment arm to the dog so it'd turn.

It's possible as you turned it up from cold to hot, it slipped and split the cog. If you have a search about for heater problems on the forum - you'll find the topic widely covered, including one post with pictures. 'Bendy drillbit' should find you that.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah sounds exactly like when ours split the cog, there is a guide on the forum how to sort with just a cable tie and some basic tools (although I used a jubilee instead)

Glad someone else has got the exact same problem as me, frustrates the s**t outta me. Like you said, when the car is cold, mine blows cold, soon as its warmed up and changed temp to 20oC or whatever, it wont go back to cold.

I posted before but got no replies, glad someone replied here.

Will have a good look at mine tomorrow too,

PH2 Flamer
It's an ok job, got cramp in my arm a few times. I found it easier removing the two motors, and then the other three to remove to cover.

Instead of it all in one. Quite tricky getting on to the top screw with motor in place.

Each motor is held in by two screws, then the cover is three more.

Did you find the guide on here, or is it pretty much self explanatory??

5yju8y2y.jpg

Are them the 3 motors I want to be taking off? What am I meant to be using the zip tie on?

Last edited:
  PH2 Flamer
Only two motors mate. The two that look identical. When you take both off. You will see what you need to do.

The one closest to the bulkhead is what you need to fix.

You will see the cog that the motor sits in has cracked and splayed out.

Take the cover off, use a cable tie to pull and hold it in shape. Refit parts.

Done.

Damn man, had a go at this this morning and there's no chance in hell of me getting that off there.

That's definitely where the problem is coming from the as when I try to turn the heater up and down, that cog you can see, struggles like mad to get round, and you hear the motor whining a bit...

Hopefully another garage around here will be able to get at it better than me, and won't charge a fortune....

Damn man, had a go at this this morning and there's no chance in hell of me getting that off there.

That's definitely where the problem is coming from the as when I try to turn the heater up and down, that cog you can see, struggles like mad to get round, and you hear the motor whining a bit...

Hopefully another garage around here will be able to get at it better than me, and won't charge a fortune....

Go to a hardware store. buy a bendy drill bit!
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?308548-Only-hot-air-out-of-heater!&p=9618639&viewfull=1#post9618639

It will cost much less than taking it to a garage and save you some money :)

Mate, I'm rubbish when it comes to anything mechanical, lol. Although I did manage to change my full fan/blower motor set up myself

Seems like its gonna be a struggle to get around the steering column too?

PH2 Flamer
Nah it's easy mate. Remove the two motors. So 4 screws. Move them out the way.

Then the three to remove the casing are very very simple .

I used a short 6mm on a ratchet and nothing else. No bendy bits etc.

Once you have loosened them with the ratchet, you can literally unwind them using your fingers and the socket.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I hate doing fiddly interior stuff, much prefer engines and the like, but I still managed it ok on our old 172 when it had that issue.