ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Boxes

182 + 5 GT Turbo
Sorry if this is an old gem of a question but ive looked through the boards and couldnt spot anything relevant.

Is the phase 1 airbox from a 172 the same as a phase 2? I need one and didnt know if it mattered if i bought a P2 one?

Thank you please.

Chocolate Bar™
they're 100% different lol. The ph1 has a huge round box whereas the ph2 has a normal crap one ;). The ph1 box is a much better design than the ph2 box, hence why not many people change it.

Chocolate Bar™
ph2

IMG_3025.jpg

ph1

New017.gif

Chocolate Bar™
no in fact a lot of people try to source the ph1 airbox to put on their ph2 because it is so much better. b*****d to change the air filter though lol

Chocolate Bar™
^ its in the engine bay its hardly as if looks matter! the feeds and design are much better than the ph2, thats why it looks messy, its there for speed not style :cool:

RB 182 with CUP packs
no in fact a lot of people try to source the ph1 airbox to put on their ph2 because it is so much better. b*****d to change the air filter though lol

You being sarcastic mate?

I know it was a daft question, just wanna know if it does actually fit properly?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

You being sarcastic mate?

I know it was a daft question, just wanna know if it does actually fit properly?
He aint lieing, i'd have one in a shot for the right price. The feeds from the phase 1 box actually route to the 2 cut outs below the headlight as well (on the phase 1 at least) so they get a really good flow of air. Try comparing an ITG Lax£380ogen to a phase 1 airbox see any similarities?

Chocolate Bar™
^ he speaks the truth. fits perfectly as far as i'm aware, and as above has similar feeds to the maxogen at 400 quid, only difference being ones carbon to prevent heat soak