ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ah $h!t

Got a call from my girlfriend today.

"On the way to work on the motorway a number plate or something was being blown about the carriage way and hit the car!! Its made a couple of nasty scratchs down to the black under coat on the front wing!!"

Any 1 know how much it is to respray a front wing? Heard that arctik blue is a pig to match aswell!

Absolutely gutted, only done 820 miles, will take a picky when she gets home.

Ziel Nurburgring

Thats probably down to the plastic of the wing not the undercoat, and you might want to give your local chipdoctor (Or whatever yours are called) a call.

Renault will bend you over and do you dry to sort that out.

don't

shame it wasnt a normal road where u could stop and get the plate then follow it up and find out who left it there etc

such a pain when somethings so close to being perfect

Not a Clio

"On the way to work on the motorway a number plate or something was being blown about the carriage way and hit the car!! Its made a couple of nasty scratchs down to the black under coat on the front wing!!"

Really means - "I was trying to park in the car park so closed my eyes as i normally do when parking and ooops"

my wing was sprayed by the dealer after they scratched the car when in for warranty work not sure on cost but the colour match was really good. (renaults body shop in wolverhampton)

[Edited by iceblue182 on 12/15/2004 4:14:34 PM]because he is suffering from sleep deprivation and is being a complete r****d

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 15 December 2004

mine wing was sprayed by the dealer after they scratched the car when in for warranty work not sure on cost but the colour match was really good. (renaults body shop in wolverhampton)
A total respray or a sort of blow and blend in job? Can you tell that its been sprayed?

a blow in but you couldnt tell its been sprayed and I have been in and around the trade for 6 years i knew what i was looking for.

the thing with arctic blue is that it can be a bit variant like a silver.

Lee (on here) and i were comparing our arctic 182s and there was a definate difference in the shade.

most renault bodyshops are reasnobly priced you get what you pay for in these instances so I would pay the extra unless you know someone you can trust to do a good job