ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aggghhhh, want to buy a car

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Getting bored, quickly. After much consideration ive decided on the following

106 gti
vts
mk1 valver
williams, although i reckon i would struggle with my budget.

Will consider anything in good condition, low miles etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
106/vts: No thanks i'd rather walk.

Mk1 Valver: Good luck finding a good one.

Williams: Again good luck finding a good one, although finding a good williams is easier than a good valver. Valvers got cheaper quicker whereas the williams stayed with the enthusast longer.

Whats your budget?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You will find a solid williams for £2000.

The thing to remember with them, they will only go up in value if you keep it standard.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I would definitely have a gti rather than a vts just because the saxo is the one car everyone thinks of when they think of barry boys

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't worry about miles.

Go on condition and service history and parts recently replaced. My mint one had 113k on it iirc and I still got nearly £4k for it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Well I know that! I still remember first time I drove my mate's VTR, excited because I'd heard so many good things about it, and then I managed to squeaze into it and realised I could press all 3 pedals with my big toe.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can see why you'd want one if you were 17 and wore big gold bracelets, but other than that I see no appeal. Terrible build quality, terrible gearbox, terrible steering, terrible seats, stupid toy car pedal setup and made of tinfoil.

Horrid horrid little cars.

I can see why you'd want one if you were 17 and wore big gold bracelets, but other than that I see no appeal. Terrible build quality, terrible gearbox, terrible steering, terrible seats, stupid toy car pedal setup and made of tinfoil.

Horrid horrid little cars.

Incorrect sir, the steering is what a Clio can only dream of!

The rest is on the money though...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I personally think its too light. Like a steering wheel on a car at the funfair.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Something a little different to what i had really. As you may or may not of known id looked at civics, integras amongst other things lol. But something fun, cheap and decent enough to go on track will do me fine. And please no 'i should have kept the ph1' it was time to move on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How are you going to get a civiv/integra for £2k you weapon?

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I had a 106gti many moons ago, good car but I'd agree time has moved on, unless you find a black one and it's standard, I still have a soft spot. Save a few more pennies and buy a Williams. Done.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Quality - good luck getting one. I can't remember the last one I saw on the road, awesome motors