ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question, I'm new to the clio 172 and was just wondering the age of people owning and driving them. I bought my 172 off my 23yr old son and being 42 was wondering if I'm the only old git driving one on here.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
There's a guy down the road from me with a 172 he must have had since new, he looks to be in his 60's.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
After hearing/seeing what Lookers in Chelmsford did to Richs car then this will prob be the one Ill use aswell. Resonably close to work too.

GAZ still does trackdays. Hes pretty old.

Theres an older man beside my work with a nice 172 cup. He mustbbe late 50s/early 60s. Its mint too!

I'd love a 1*2 but the insurance on them over here as a young driver is just mental. I think the last quote i got was for around £1500+ 3p/F/T i'm 21/m/3yrs ncb. Granted I've a theft claim against my name but it doesn't seem to have affected my premium too much.
My insurance on my ph1 1.4 is ~£800 3p/F/T.

172 cup
Im 25 but my freinds mum has a 182 and must be in her early 50's. as for insurance i was very shocked earlier when I got a quote for a 197 from my insurance which was £200 cheaper than my 172!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Before I moved house the guy a few doors down had a RB Clio 200 and was in his seventies!

An orange one
I'm 27, got my first Renault sport (a 172 cup) when I was 19...

Im now on my 5th and 6th simultaneously...they have that effect on you

BG Megane 225
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question, I'm new to the clio 172 and was just wondering the age of people owning and driving them. I bought my 172 off my 23yr old son and being 42 was wondering if I'm the only old git driving one on here.
Got a 172 mate, I'm 44 in Jan... Nowt wrong with a cheap mid-life ! :clap:

RB 182
I'd been wanting a 182 since i was 17, driving a Pug 206..:banghead:

BUT, 4 years later at 21, and after 3 years of uni and 3 weeks into a full time job (lol).. finally able to treat myself to the perfect RB!

i'd of still bought one at 17 - had i had the cash. ;)

clio 172 cup
I'm almost 28 n drive my Clio cup mostly on weekends but I no an older chap who's at least 60 and he loves his Clio cup

nice to no there are all types of ages on here puts more fun into it

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I'm 55. I've had my 172 just over 4 years now. I've done 18 trackdays in it as well as plenty of long distance trips. My three daughters are all in their 20's now and they all like the car and so does my wife. It makes me smile every time I drive it. I'll be keeping it for as long as I possibly can.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352254077.436693.jpg trackday at Oulton Park 31st Oct.

Supra, Clio
Can't resist! I'm 63 and while it's not as quick as my Supra TT it does make me smile! looking forward to having lots of fun in this car.(Ph1 172)

Iceberg 172
I'm 26 and acquired my ph2 172 this spring. Half a year later (which incl. a number of spirited drives and a trackday) I can say that I have zero regrets. Save for the slight understeer in stock form, it's just an epic package that's very rewarding to drive.

P.S. Showed the car to my dad (59) some time after I'd bought it. He glanced at it and thought "meh". However, having had a go in it, during which he, to my amazement, proceeded to drive it like he stole it and scared me semi-sh*tless, he went "yes, now I see the point of that car. Not a bad choice indeed...".

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I'm 20 and have had my 182 since December. I love the fact older guys enjoy them too, no one in my family is interested in driving it. My dad says he likes the noise though. Compared to his a7 though I'm not surprised.