ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket wheels - good or bad

What do you think of aftermarket wheels ? I am thinking of changing the standard wheels on my 172 but I dont want it to affect the handling or make it look cheap ! Do you think changing the standard wheels is a good idea or not ?

These are the wheels I am looking for in 17s :

http://www.toora.it/ing/02exporuote/popup/img/T940.jpg

Do you think they would ruin the look of the car or make it better ?

I think tooras look great on PUGS but to be honest theyre just not a reno wheel....well in my opinion...Id look at OZ wheels they do gorge wheels which are very subtle...I have OZ titans on my clio and I know theres new super Ls coming out soon too!

The mk2 172 wheels are so boring IMHO Renault really let us down with their lack of imagination.

Those wheels look good but some people on here have said that 17s will slow the car down, thats why I stuck with 16s when I changed mine.

Id personally look at BBS wheels if i had the money. Id get the ones they have on the 360 stradale and then lower the car a bit.

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by SexyRT on 12 February 2004

I think tooras look great on PUGS but to be honest theyre just not a reno wheel....well in my opinion...Id look at OZ wheels they do gorge wheels which are very subtle...I have OZ titans on my clio and I know theres new super Ls coming out soon too!
Snap!!

Mondeo STTDCI

TBH 17s are too big. Id go 16s. Like Speedline Turinis. They are what I;d want on a 172.