ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aftermarket steering wheel

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
well i have the following....

172 cup (no abs tc esp etc)
sabelt renault sport steering wheel.
boss on order along with a ph1 indicator stalk with horn on the end

right now all i need is a clue......(having done a search that threw up loads i'm confused. need someone that has already done this)

what resistors do i need for the airbag connector and where do they go?
anyone managed to keep the indicator cancelling function?

also anyone know how to wire the horn to the indicator stalk. is it just a case of joining the wires?

want to try hit this first time and get it right (no airbag light on etc) and need to know the do's and dont's of fitting this wheel.

any help is appreciated

cheers john

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
My boss kit came with a resister (momo boss) but my 182 needed 2 so I went to Maplins - although I can't remember the exact specification of the resister.

The cancelling function just carried on workign with the Momo boss, nothing special to do there.

I bought Sparco horn buttons as I like how they look. Not sure how to wire the mk 1 stalk - imagine it would just be a simple switch with a positive and negative.

I love my renaultsport wheel it makes so much difference to the car - feels a lot more positive when turning into corners.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
My boss kit came with a resister (momo boss) but my 182 needed 2 so I went to Maplins - although I can't remember the exact specification of the resister.

The cancelling function just carried on workign with the Momo boss, nothing special to do there.

I bought Sparco horn buttons as I like how they look. Not sure how to wire the mk 1 stalk - imagine it would just be a simple switch with a positive and negative.

I love my renaultsport wheel it makes so much difference to the car - feels a lot more positive when turning into corners.

was hoping the wheel would make the car feel better, the standard one just doesnt cut it. looks like i'll be wading into the unknown then. did you have any issues with the rest of it???

still bumping this thread until i know whats what

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Wheel makes a massive difference - the standard one has a metal spline then a piece of rubber before the main wheel - guess to make it more refined, but denies you of a load of feedback. You do need a firmer hand on the wheel when accelerating hard though to control torque steer on bumpy roads.

Since changing the wheel my abs/traction control hasn't worked but you shouldn't have that problem as you don't have either to start with! Still not figured out wheel it's done that - think the steering wheel position sensor might have got damaged or something.

Get a lot of comments - people either love the wheel (mostly guys) while some say it looks like a toy one (girls). Everyone who has driven it since says it feels very tactile though.

53' 172 Cup
I had a momo boss and sparco wheel for a while, but had no end of trouble with the horn so swapped back. I think the smaller wheel did feel nice but I can't say I miss it that much!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
What problems with the horn? Maybe you had a sparco wheel with a hirn button in the middle with a little metal ring that causes no end of problems - I had a mountney one on a previous car and it was a pain. Twin horn mount buttons are the way to go:

11052008073.gif

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
she does look good. hows it holding up? i was going to try the button route but if i can get the stalk to work it will look spot on (imo)

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Feels better once it's a bit worn in my opinion- to start with it felt a bit too clean or something. Think mines going to need a clean with some alcantara cleaner (if such a thing exists) as the blue is going a bit dull. I wouldn't ever go back to a standard wheel now I know what this one is like.

With the Gaz coilovers I've recently put on the handling is awesome.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Theres a thread with a pic on here somewhere without the buttons and I'm not so keen....although the most frequently asked question is what are the buttons for. NOS seems to be the most frequent guess....if only!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Theres a thread with a pic on here somewhere without the buttons and I'm not so keen....although the most frequently asked question is what are the buttons for. NOS seems to be the most frequent guess....if only!

lol yeah if only eh. nah the first option was the buttons but then i thought i wouldnt want any wires showing so am daring to be abit different. just some suede shoe cleaner will sort it out mate.

and still no one has an answer.......................

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I've shrink wrapped mine together in black shrink wrap up until the actual connectors, but I left the ends uncovered, my car is going to try to be a motorsport **** I think

Bottled out of removing the rear interior/seats though as they look nice in the leather/alcantara

You say you seach but didn't find the answer humm i recon you just either didn't try or didn't search

Its discussed all the tyime its in a sticky in the exterier and mechanical area in the faq section.