ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advise required

Clio Williams 1,2 and 3
Im thinking about trading my clio 172 in for a 04 Reg 1.5 dCi 65 Dynamique 3dr,

They currently have the car advertised for £4482 and the best they can offer for my 172 is £2360

I know its pretty poor only 2360, but no one seems interested in the car

Its a 172 ph2 51 -reg with 57000 miles
Had the timing belt done at renault last year but does require a new driveshaft

Does anyone think its an gd deal?

Thanks,
Andrew

Clio Williams 1,2 and 3
Well im after something cheap to run around in, as im doing around 800 miles an month and the 172 is costing to much!

Plus ive still got the williams 3 for a weekend toy

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
i'd get the 80 if you can mate, it's got the extra mid range punch and feels bit less sluggish, and that dci doesn't seem too great a price imo.

Mine should go for 5k ish when i sell, it's an 05 dci 80 dynamique with climate control and electric roof, 3 door in black. a rare car if you look around in great condition.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Terrible price for a trade in, Parker's are estimating you should be looking for around £3,450... and thats with 60k!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The DCI is overpriced.

Get a better deal or find another one imo.

And regarding the 65/80. I'd just stick with the 65 if it's for commuting. It's a bit slower than the 65, but they're a lot rarer. To give you an idea I sold my 04 DCI with 50k miles earlier this year for £4.5k. I thought that was a fair price, it had 4 new (cheapest I could find) tyres, and a lot of marks on the bodywork... Also needed the tracking doing among other things. So I'd say if it was mint back then I'd have wanted £5k.

£4k would get you a nice DCI80 today imo, a 65 for a bit less.

Punto JTD
So you was considering spending £2,000 to cut back on fuel costs? I think you should check out the Punto JTD range. £2,000 can get you a nice example and will easily do 60mpg on the motorway at 65-70.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
But you'd be sat in a Punto, no offence meant.

Having drivin a few Punto's i'd say the interior isn't a nice place to be day-in-day-out. And the build quality (i know i'm comparing to renault, but for the money/class) isn't half as good with a punto. DCi uses Nissan engine so it's bomb proof. Fiat's are temperamental, and IIRC don't qualify for filthy cheap £35/year tax...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of mpg are you getting from the 172?

My wife get's 50mpg in her 1.2 punto and from my 172 I am getting 39mpg.

From your 172 I should think you would be looking at 37mpg if you take it easy and the 13mpg swing from 37-50 on 9600 miles isn't going to cost alot at all. In fact its about £300 per calandar year plus savings on tax - £100 & insurance (?) £300, so thats circa total saving what £700?

Do you want to trade that £700 per year for an extra outlay now of £2,000? Not sure I would.

If you wanted to get a cheaper car to run I think maybe selling the 172 for a car which requires no extra outflow of cash or otherwise I think you are just defeating the object.

Unless savings per month are alot more important than current outlay.