ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice when buying a 182 Cup??

Saxo VTR, RB Clio 182 Cup
Hiya all

I am going to look at a 182 Cup this Sunday and was wondering if you could advise me on what to look out for?

It is on 46,000 miles 05 plate.

Says FSH at renault dealer. I messaged guy and said had the cambelt been done and the aux and he replied with this -

'I need to double check because I cant fully remember. But, the last service was the major service, and the auxillary belt was definately done. The Cam belt is not due for a fair while yet.'

Anything else I need to look out for?

Thanks everyone :)

You lose things and gain nothing in return.

It doesn't have the "rawness" that the 172 Cup has because they didn't strip as much out.

So you lose xenons, auto-wipers/lights, leather seats and climate (I think) and all you save is a few quid. There's no real point to it, it was just a way of getting rid of a few more of them.

182 Cup
Or... You could look at it from another point of view. Use the fact that it's a cup to knock off a few more quid, lose the fact you need to pay silly money to replace a xenon bulb if it blows, auto wipers/lights are just another thing to go wrong, they both have air con - not sure if the climate is all that much better. You're also sure to have both cup packs if you buy a cup and if you're lucky you'll find one with Recaros fitted.

At the end of the day I wouldn't limit myself to buying either a 182 or a 182 cup, even knowing what I know now - and it's true the 182 is a better specification. I'd just look for one that's been cared for with full history.

182 cup
Every1 always bashes the 182 cup! The bits u loose r really not that great!! Infernos comments r spot on

Mountune Tractor
I'm with Dan on this, you are much better off buying the 182 with cup packs, even if it's just for the leather and xenons.
Will be easier to sell on when you are fed up aswell.

Revels is right, but he neglects to mention that most of these fabled 'toys' are French. I've experienced them first hand in a friends car and TBH they're s**t.

The interior is nicer in the standard car, that's all I would be bothered about. I'd just be looking for the car in the best possible condition for the best price. TBH the chairs in both cars are rubbish anyway. A Cup with decent chairs in, is every bit the car a FF is, and has far less trinkets to fail/snap off/leak. It also still has AC/cruise/speed limiter etc, so it's far from under specified.

Externally, the only difference is the xenons, and while the units look much better, they are s**t at illuminating the road compared with uprated halogens in the standard lamps. However, apples for apples the FF is a better option, and better value for your money if you pick a good one.