ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice Required .... about a dodgy garage !

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
long story short I wanted my clutch fluid replaced in a 197 as its was likely very old . As we all know the brake and clutch reservoir are the same so to replace the fluid both systems need to be bleed .

either way the got the car done just after 5pm ( bearing in mind the job was booked in days before and they had the car from 8.30am !) I left the garage did a short drive and went home .

This morning I noticed that one brake looks like its leaking , so I drop the car back to the garage and tell them its leaking , they told me if its not from the bleed nipple that its not their problem !

hows that ? the day before my brakes worked perfectly now after a " service " , I return the car and they tell me that they will be charging me for the privilege ?????

any advice is welcomed as I'm fuming :mad:

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Was it just a case of tightening the caliper nipple up and all sorted?

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
I dont know Im busy at work so I just left the car with them , this probably want a good move , i did have a look at the nipple it looked dry and the fluid was around the bottom of the caliper couldnt really see it anywhere else

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Have you used them before?

My honest opinion they don’t sound the best, take it elsewhere and pay for it to be sorted properly. More hassle than it’s worth, plus do you really want them looking at your car again

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
I just had a call from the garage .... a weak excuse that there was some debris blocking the thread - if this were the case why did you just force the thread in the caliper to tighten it back up whilst it was dirty ????

Clearly poor workmanship .. safe to say I will never use this garage again ! also wasn't like they are a cheap garage cost £276 for brake & clutch bleed and changing the oil in my gearbox !

Never again !

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
Jesus. How many hours labour did they charge?????
No idea mate I didn't have the time to do it myself an I thought this would pro-long the life of my gearbox so i just bit the bullet and paid ( like a complete mug !)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I just had a call from the garage .... a weak excuse that there was some debris blocking the thread - if this were the case why did you just force the thread in the caliper to tighten it back up whilst it was dirty ????

Clearly poor workmanship .. safe to say I will never use this garage again ! also wasn't like they are a cheap garage cost £276 for brake & clutch bleed and changing the oil in my gearbox !

Never again !
£276😂😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You paid how much for a brake fluid bleed?!!!!!

Did they look like this by any chance?

1566568553006.png

dan's cast offs.
It's quite common for a nipple to be fine on a calliper but once it's been cracked off it won't quite seal again. I've had it a couple of times funnily enough on 197s.

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
It's quite common for a nipple to be fine on a calliper but once it's been cracked off it won't quite seal again. I've had it a couple of times funnily enough on 197s.
I get that , but surely this should have been tested before the car left the garage ?

dan's cast offs.
That's brembo calipers for you. I've hand them pull the thread from the caliper more often than I'd like to remember, they may well of been genuine about it.

Has to be said the price is a bit scary though!!!!

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
That's brembo calipers for you. I've hand them pull the thread from the caliper more often than I'd like to remember, they may well of been genuine about it.

Has to be said the price is a bit scary though!!!!
yeah I was lazy , no body to blame but me ....