ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice pleeease

new to this clio stuff so bear with me........

got meself a clio 1.4rt on a K plate 5 door the other day for 300 english pounds with 6 month MOT whch i thought werent too bad. after sorting the insurance and stuff im now on the road but it looks a bit of a bugga with the trims and wot not. not doing anything crazy modding wise.

what im after is...............

1)a nice set of the biggest rims i can get on without having to start cutting arches and stuff

2)lowering a little to get it handling better

3)a pipe and induction kit to get it sounding a bit better.

plus im kinda poor after the crazy 1200 quid TPFT insurance i just bought for a 19 year old new driver with no no-claims

help us out here fellas and laydees (if there is any) cheers all :D

car? need a license 1st!

Pipercross do an induction kit for the 1.4 RTs for about 70 quid,

getting it lowered will be a pain as its a torsion bar on the back, but my mate got his lowered and it cost him about £200 at the garage, there is a guide on how to lower clios urself somewhere on this forum, im sure someone will have a link. The springs for the front will cost about 40/60 quid depending on the make of them.

If your thinking bout getting the car lowered then, the biggest rims u can fit are 16s but it will scrape a little depending on how far the car is lowered.

tyre/wheel packages range from 300 to 1000 depending on which rims u go for.

hope this helps

chewy

cheers fella, im a mechanic myself so got the equipment and a bit of knowledge to do most stuff myself.

where do i look for nice second hand rims n tyres?? like i say i am well poor nowadays.

also im after some replacement spots for the bumper cos these look kinda crap.

cheers again

even more miffed 2nite, after its first proper run the clutch is feeling a bit crap but gunna adjust it up a bit and see how long i can get outta it. but what do ya expect for 300 quid hey!

luvin it tho ;)

car? need a license 1st!

U should be able to get a decent pair of bumper spots from any decent Renault breakers.

There is a decent one in Accrington near me, but i doubt ull be around here. Search on the net for Renault breakers and u should be able to find a decent one in your area. The spots will cost next to nothing.

Wheels, i can only suggest looking around ebay/autotrader/loot. There arent many second hand alloys around, but if u search hard enough ull be able to get some.

On the other hand, u can get a brand new set with tyres and fitting/balancing/valves for a little over £300. Check Max Power out, there are some cracking deals in there.

Regards
Chewy

500bhp Scoob

I got a K reg 1.4 RT 5 door aswell, but ive gone a bit further with the modding and its in the bodyshop now being resprayed and kitted up...

Id say get a set of 15" rims, perhaps an old williams set, and lower it 30-40mm, then u wont have too harsher ride and itll look nice, and have some performance aswell.

if you want a loud grunty induction noise, then get yourself a pipercross induction kit, theyre known as a very grunty IK, unlike others that create a whistly noise.

You can get yourself a backbox aswell for a different exhaust note, quite a few people are selling their old ones to make way for full systems...

If you need any info on things then let me know, i know the ins and outs of my RT.

cheers everyone for ya advice, the clio feels a little down market now i been used to repairing and driving mercs around for the last 3 years, and only ever heard about torsion bars when i was at college, how do i go about adjusting them on the back??

thanking you :D