ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on this please..

Shhh

Hi Guys n Gals, The car is booked into the garage for the 20th Jan, so just going through all me faults, and checking to see if there are any fixes for these. I assume some may have been covered in the past, but a up to date answer would be nice, so then if renault say they cant find it, i can advice them what the problem is.

Problem 1

I pull away slowly in 1st gear, then put it into 2nd, i then floor the car and about 6.5k rpm i hear a clunk like the car i jumping out of gear...if it does not do this, the wheels begin to spin..

Problem 2

When i get over 100mph the steering becomes very unstable and light, anyone know if this is meant to be. Its so twitchy...

Problem 3

Rear window washer has poor flow, or is inop..takes about 15-20 secs to get water through, but its not very good.

Problem 4

STOP & ( (!) ) caption when driving along the road.

Problem 5

ABS, ESP, ( (!) ) Caption

Many thanks before the garage get it..

1st gear problem unsure as never yet experienced wheelspin in second gear at that sort of revs in my mighty 1.2 lol.

steering problem may be normal i know mines gets light higher up but again thats electric and a different system an mine does it in the last ten mph not 40.

rear window washer pipes may just be blocked somewhere you get the crap in them during winter.quite easy to check bit of a pain to get at though.

the stop caption could be down to you possibly having low brake fluid possibly if it tends to happen going round bends.so could be needing new pads and discs.the abs ebd light could be linked not positive.

you will get more answers in the car trouble forum mate

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 13 January 2005

Problem 1

I pull away slowly in 1st gear, then put it into 2nd, i then floor the car and about 6.5k rpm i hear a clunk like the car i jumping out of gear...if it does not do this, the wheels begin to spin..Sounds like possiblt the axle tramp/ mounts issue they have some fixes Renault.

Problem 2

When i get over 100mph the steering becomes very unstable and light, anyone know if this is meant to be. Its so twitchy...Check the wheel bolts are on tight or least loosen then from the stupid pressure Renault apply and apply more normal levels of torque to the bolts. It sounds like the tracking is off though get another garage etc to check/adjust it Renault have always been usless for me. I just get the local garage to do it for £30 Renault supposidly checked mine 3 times but they didnt get it right.

Problem 3

Rear window washer has poor flow, or is inop..takes about 15-20 secs to get water through, but its not very good. Pipe may be split or loose maning all the fluid drains out of the pipe,.should be covered under warently.

Problem 4

STOP & ( (!) ) caption when driving along the road. Maybe linked to the problem below if not its logged on the cars ECU so they can see whats up and fix it.

Problem 5

ABS, ESP, ( (!) ) Caption Common known problem Renault need to reset the brake pressure sensor from 5-10 bar down to 1-3 or somehting you need Renault to do it but its a tech note released so they should know about it.