ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on geo/corner weight

Clio 172 cup
Got a 172 cup that I use for racing and track days, not road legal.
just fitted a gripper LSD, run dunlop direzza 03g's.
looking for a bit more speed but can't modify the engine any more due to power to weight ratio limits in my race series.
Any one think of any ways to increase cornering speeds?
Any one know much about geo set up and corner weighting? And if there is anywhere local to Leicestershire that does it?
Any help would be appreciated!

Clio 172 cup
These, got told there clio cup ones?? Only height adjustable, can't adjust the shocks :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 138
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
First thing to check over is play in any of the joints and mounts, top mounts, track rods, track rod ends, balljoints etc.

The roll centre corrector kit would be a good idea too, I believe nick has one for sale from the group buy at 650 quid.

Clio 172 cup
First thing to check over is play in any of the joints and mounts, top mounts, track rods, track rod ends, balljoints etc.

The roll centre corrector kit would be a good idea too, I believe nick has one for sale from the group buy at 650 quid.
Had the engine out few weeks ago and checked everything over, what's the roll centre corrector kit?

What sort of lap times are you managing at the moment? Do you know what your spring rates are? It would be better if you could swap to an adjustable damper and also as suggested further up I think you would really benefit from improving your roll centre angle. I noticed a big difference in my car once I had fitted the kit.

How do you find the car to drive at the moment? Any issues with traction, locking up brakes, car very skittish on the limit and sudden to snap? By the look of your picture I think your spring rate is 140nm/mm which is pretty stiff for a car running list 1a/b tyres. Do you know if the bilsteins have been revalved?

Clio 172 cup
What sort of lap times are you managing at the moment? Do you know what your spring rates are? It would be better if you could swap to an adjustable damper and also as suggested further up I think you would really benefit from improving your roll centre angle. I noticed a big difference in my car once I had fitted the kit.

How do you find the car to drive at the moment? Any issues with traction, locking up brakes, car very skittish on the limit and sudden to snap? By the look of your picture I think your spring rate is 140nm/mm which is pretty stiff for a car running list 1a/b tyres. Do you know if the bilsteins have been revalved?
Can't remember the times off the top of my head, will have to look on tsl timings Tomorow, and as you can probably tell I'm no mechanic, and I'm on a bit of a budget as I'm only a 20 year old electrician apprentice lol. Not got a clue about the spring rates, how would I find them out? Might be worth swapping to a different set of coilovers then, Faz golds any good?
can locks up quite often, and seems to understeer a lot, in the wet it just won't point the nose into the corners.
From my knowledge they have not been re valved. Only bought the car last year, how and where can I get them re valved? Then car is very very stiff at the moments!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Can't remember the times off the top of my head, will have to look on tsl timings Tomorow, and as you can probably tell I'm no mechanic, and I'm on a bit of a budget as I'm only a 20 year old electrician apprentice lol. Not got a clue about the spring rates, how would I find them out? Might be worth swapping to a different set of coilovers then, Faz golds any good?
can locks up quite often, and seems to understeer a lot, in the wet it just won't point the nose into the corners.
From my knowledge they have not been re valved. Only bought the car last year, how and where can I get them re valved? Then car is very very stiff at the moments!
^^^classic case of mismatched dampers, springs, poor geo and roll centre issues. Gaz is no good for racing imo. You need Ast sportline 2's. If you start saving for them now, they might be here in a year or 2's time. Slow boat, china, they come on it!