ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed!

306 GTI-6
My valver has been up for sale ages and not really had any interest. It is untaxed and has been declared off road and I don't really want it just sitting there doing nothing!
Me and a mate have been toying with tthe idea of stripping it out for a track toy but neither of us really know alot about the track scene so I have a few questions!
1) Will the car have to have an MOT to go on track?
2) What restrictions are there on the car
3) What is the average price etc for track time?
4) What insurance is required?

Obviously it would be towed to and from a track etc.

Thanks in advance
Martin

1) Will the car have to have an MOT to go on track? - Nope no tax or MOT it has to be safe though.
2) What restrictions are there on the car - It has to be safe
3) What is the average price etc for track time? £90~200 for a day.
4) What insurance is required? None you sign a waver at the beginnng all insurance is what you yourself arrange write off someone Ferrari and its there problem you can isnure your own car though.

Personally i'd get it road legal much easier to get to and from track plus you can road st it and check its OK instead of spending time at a circuit fixing it.

Also even if you want to take another car its much quicker driving two cars there and easier to drive the car there. Trailiering is a pain there expensive and slow you down a lot.

306 GTI-6
Thanks edde,

The reason I was planning on towing it is because I can't afford to insure it all year round if it's only going to get used say 10 times a year. It's still got 5 months MOT remaining and deally I would like to sell it as is now for whatever I can get for it!
Has anyone got any suggestions on where I should advertise it?
Thanks
Martin

Thanks edde,

The reason I was planning on towing it is because I can't afford to insure it all year round if it's only going to get used say 10 times a year. It's still got 5 months MOT remaining and deally I would like to sell it as is now for whatever I can get for it!
Has anyone got any suggestions on where I should advertise it?
Thanks
Martin

Drop the price a lot otherwsie you won't sell at the moment your looking for a bit with Christams etc noone will be buying them.