ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for upgrade to rear number plate light

1.2 16V Dynamique
Good evening guys and girls,

I've only noticed this evening that my rear number plate light has ceased to work :( I would like to upgrade it so it shows my plate a little better, but without it being just a directional cold looking light and illuminating just the middle section.

Has anyone come across any decent upgrade bulbs?

Either that or I was thinking of sandblasting my existing bulb holder and just use an LED bulb to hopefully get the desired effect.

Cheers in advance :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy a new unit; £7 on ebay.

Buy an LED bulb for it. £2 on ebay.

Sorted.

1.2 16V Dynamique
Fair enough :p Aren't the LED bulbs just gong to shine straight up though, rather than disperse properly? Or are the units designed to do that? (forgive me, I haven't bothered to look yet)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The unit is designed to disperse the light.

They look 10 times better.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, i followed a brang [ < edit that should say 'brand' ;) ] new merc B class with rear led numberplate light and thought, wow that looks really clean and modern, then noticed mine was the same :)

smiles all round!