ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian Flux - Lost the Plot lol ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Just been quoted £1,245 to insure my 330 next year ...

Yes. One thousand, two hundred & fourty five pounds lol.

At 28, with 7 years no claims.

Are they on drugs? Elephant only want £530
lmao.gif

Apparently, im high risk as i use my car for commuting to work, no one else does that normally apparently.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I rang flux to get a quote for my cup... £2800!!!!!
Granted, I'm 21 and so is the missus, but I've got 2years NCB and she has 4.

Admiral insured me for £790!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol! They wanted over 2k for me on the Trophy!

Elephant/Admiral/Bell ftw!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You use your car to commute?! The cheek!

To be honest I don't think Flux are the only jokers in the insurance industry. They all seem to be at it.

they have just knocked me 400 off my renewel. i showed them cheaper and they matched it. try that if you wanna stay with them.

i find them proper helpful tbh.

BTB'd PH1 172
I'm sure insurance companies nowadays are more interested in getting new customers then they are at keeping and looking after their old ones.

Mk4 .:R32
Insurance is a joke in general.

I've probably spent about £7,000 on insurance since passing my test and not had a single conviction or claim (touches wood)

Kinda looking forward to buying a cheap, low insurance, diesel, low tax car!

phase 2 172
Flux must have took a turn for the worst .years ago when I was 21 they used to insure me on my saxo vts for around 800 a year.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
They have obviously just found out what a liability you are ;)

I found AF great for my Clio, but have always used Elephant/Admiral for my BMW's as I find them the cheapest.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Flux must have took a turn for the worst .years ago when I was 21 they used to insure me on my saxo vts for around 800 a year.

Well yeah, last year they insured a caged saxo vts for £350. Prior to that a 172 cup for £400, etc etc.

I buy something sensible & they spit out their dummy lol.

Rather amusingly, this year they would insure my Trophy with 0 no-claims for £800, but my 330 costs £1200 with 7 year no-claims.

A4 130
I got quoted 2.5k last year because, "My car is plastic and has lots of crumple zones so if a dog runs out its a write off init"

330i. E30 Touring.
They've probably heard about the 30kgs of coke you roll around with in the boot.

It's a risk, innit.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i feel your pain, mines gone nearly 200!!! Got her on it now, but thats only making £50 diff!!! utter rubbish!

I ve got the Westfield insured with them, they didn't even charge me today to change the plate which is a refreshing change.
I have used bell for the last couple of years on the daily, never had any complaints with them either and they are spot on about adding temporary cars on as well...

phase 2 172
The thing is years ago insurance company's used to fight to keep your custom .I.e price matching .now when you tell them so and so are 200 pound cheaper they simply let you go elsewhere.

My policy went from £360 last year to £820. Never made a claim in 20 years of driving. Went to Admiral and I'm paying £300 for my 200.

Evo 5 RS
oh ffs, they wanted 1200 quid for my 1.4RT (as they don't do multi car) on a separate policy to my ph1. Politely told them where to shove it

Clio 172
Renewal came for the clio from flux and it had more than doubled. Ended up going with the post office and the guy at flux said go with them as we wont get near their quote.

Bit gutted as i'd been with them for 5years and always got a good service/price

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Flux as losing it... but it's the companies they deal with trying to have your pants down...

Adrian Sucks!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I think they're pretty good. Im getting insured for £270 on a hijet van (beast) and that's with a Liverpool postcode and my ten points declared. 31 with 7 yrs NCB tho.

Thumbs up from me for those guys. As soon as anyone sees my Manchester or Liverpool postcodes they usually run a mile.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They are such a crap company.

They changed my quote that was 'guaranteed' just a couple of days before because it was too cheap. A bit of a heated discussion and a request to talk to the supervisor somehow brought it back down to the exact price of the original quote, hmmmm.

If they weren't so cheap for me I wouldn't use them.

182 BEAN
greenlight insurance give them a call ...... £600 on my 182 4 years no claims and a list of mods too

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Its all about the tesco insurance, im paying £398 fully comp on my 2004 audi a4 s-line. 22, 4 years ncb

RB FF 182
Flux quoted me about £2,000 to cover my 172 without mods declared... lmao!

I'm 24 with 1 year NCB, went with Bell for £750 fully comp with mods declared!

Flux have always quoted me STUPID prices for as long as I can remember.

Just seen this thread and thought I would give flux a call.
Last year before I sc the clio I asked for a quote on a impreza sti type r, came out at £750 fully comp.
A year later and older..........33
£9000 WTF
Can't wait to see what they send me in the post this year for my yearly insurance???

Thought insurance was ment to go down when you get older and wiser???????
I feel the beginning of bad times to come insurance ways.:dapprove:

CBR1000RR Fireblade
adrian flux are shockingly poor.

last year my insurance on a Golf GT TDI mk4 = £550 comprehensive

renewal from adrian flux with one more years no claims and a year older = £2900 comprehensive.

WTF?

Skoda Fabia vRS
insurance has gone up, with EVERYONE, for 2 years running now, if you can pay what you did last year, snatch their hand off, dont expect it to get cheaper anymore, times have changed it seems