ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral Lowering Question....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I asked for a quote regarding lowering my car with Admiral online. They got back to me within 24 hours saying the premium would increase by £27. That was last week. I got the car lowered yesterday night, and phoned up this morning to let them now its been lowered and pay the additional premium.

The Indian gentleman who answered named "Richard", asked me how many "Percent" I've lowered it, more than 5 Percent or Less than 5 Percent? I said I guess you mean centimetres and he said yes :S

I told him less than 5 Centimetres (30mm) and he said thats fine I've added it to the notes but there is no charge?

I told him about my online quote and he said, no its fine, no charge, I've added it.

I asked him if my policy said I had any modifications and he said yes, an air filter (previously declared and charged for) and I've added suspension, but there is no addictional charge?

OBviously Im not moaning, but why the difference in quotes.

I've asked him to send me a letter confirming this but he said dont worry, its on your policy.

I've got his name, time and date of the call but Im just worried ITs not gone through cause he didnt understand my request?

What do?

Thanks

Ring back asking for confirmation. IF you still are unsure aask to speak to a manager etc. Usualy you get sent to thee English call center then.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I had the same stupid questions when I was with MoreThan a few years back. Told them I had no idea as I'd bought the car like it... I don't think he understood a word I'd said anyway.

I wouldn't entertain an insurer with call centres around the world as this mini-misunderstanding could mean you are actually not covered and then you're up sh*t creek in the event of the worst happening. Paying out £200 to have someone's bumper resprayed isn't the end of the world, but if something tragic happens (i.e.: a fatal RTA) how are you going to find the £1million that your legal cover would have sorted ?

If you haven't already, try mod-happy UK based insurers like Sky and Greenlight etc at renewal time :eek:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Am I going to be better off phoning at a normal time (ie Monday @ 2pm) as I'd have more chance of speaking to an English person?

The Bloke I spoke to regarding my air filter was awesome, knew exactly what I was on about and its clear tis one went throug as "Richard" confirmed it was in there.

For the record, I've never spoke to an Indian Call Centre with Admiral Before?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i have. I dont hink its an indian call center, i think thry just have lots of indians working at the uk clal center as you do get english people sometimes. I had the same with mine, there was only a charge if it was over 5cm.

Phone during the week, normal working hours 9-5 you seem to get Welshish, after that you get Canadians and at weekends you seem to get overseas call centres.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
if you have a note of the time and date of the call to richard i wouldnt bother. then if you have an accident and they mention the lowering tell them to go over the call recording on that day and that time and youl have the proof that you were told it was covered.

had similar before. got a quote for a new car on the policy of something like £500 then when i bought it the next day it went up to £700 spoke to a manager who said she would listen to the call and ring me back. 4 hours later i had a phonecall confirming they had quoted £500 and i got it for that price.

tbh when you get the welsh call centre and managers theyre usually very good, the canadian call centre is ok too but ive never had much to do with the indian one apart from getting quotes

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i have. I dont hink its an indian call center, i think thry just have lots of indians working at the uk clal center as you do get english people sometimes. I had the same with mine, there was only a charge if it was over 5cm.

So it was free for less than 5cm?

I've spoke to 3 people now who have confirmed (If you are confirming) who have said there wasnt a charge for less than 5cm.