ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

admiral - at it again?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
needing a bit of advice on the issue below:

windscreen was cracked last weekend so i phoned admiral and organised to have it fixed. She asked for my policy details which i assumed she then checked.
She explained that when national windscreens comes out i should show them my policy at the start of the job and pay them my £75 excess.
They arrived i produced the documents and paid, they then fitted the glass and off they went.

Now national windscreens are phoning me and trying to say that i do not have windscreen cover and must pay an extra £110

any ideas what i can do about this?
This cost wasn't mentioned at the start of the job so how can they expect me to pay it?

I have checked my documents and there is no mention of windscreen cover. It doesn't say i have it and it doesn't say i dont.
When i phoned up to have the repair organised surely they should have clocked when i gave them my policy number that i didnt have windscreen cover? (if i didnt)

cheers,
Foz

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I wouldn't have thought they have any right to ask for more money. You paid what was asked and then the job was done. Finished.

What are they going to do? Come and throw a brick at your windscreen?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So, had work done, paid the excess only, meaning National Windscreens needed to claim the balance from the insurance policy that you don't actually have? You told them you had the necessary cover and they could get the £110 from your insurer...who rightly told them to jog-on.

Why wouldn't you be liable for the difference?

I'm confused.

Call admiral an ask them to confirm. I understand that windscreen cover is included automatically if you've got fully comp cover...

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Find out if you have windscreen cover - if so, get Admiral to sort it. If not, pay National Windscreens. Simple.

Not too expensive than what I thought it would be in total. I'd ask admiral to confirm if you have it or not and if not just pay. Better than having a claim on file for the next 5 years.

I'm not too sure,
but if he doesn't have screen cover then the 'excess' he has paid would be part payment and the £110 they're asking for is the rest as if it was a private repair/replace.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Surely admiral should have informed him he didn't have the cover before THEY sent the windscreen people out?

clio 182 sport
AFAIK all fully comp Admiral group policies have windscreen cover?

He hasnt mentioned what type of cover he has tho?

TBH i would have looked at my policy docs to check everything over before i submitted a claim, im sure most people would have done to :/

If it doesnt state you have windscreen cover on your policy, what do you expect?

TBH i would have looked at my policy docs to check everything over before i submitted a claim, im sure most people would have done to :/

If it doesnt state you have windscreen cover on your policy, what do you expect?

That's true, but I think the main issue is that the OP rang Admiral up explaining and asking what to do.

clio 182 sport
That's true, but I think the main issue is that the OP rang Admiral up explaining and asking what to do.

Yeh i can understand that, but the person from Admiral must have thought he was fully comp or had class cover otherwise why would he be ringing?? And then never botherd to check any info and gave him the number.

Just a stupid mistake from both parties i think.

SQ5
Ring Admiral, all phone calls are recorded. So if you asked what you'd have to do and she told you what you have done then you'll be fine.

Clio 1.2
So you showed the guy who came to replace the windscreen your policy, why didn't he check if you're covered?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios

with regards to this.
I had windscreen cover last year so i rang up admiral to renew my policy. When they have renewed my policy they have removed windscreen cover without telling me.

its my fault that i didn't check the policy before i phone however i would expect admiral to say "you don't have windscreen cover therefor the amount you will have to pay is £185" not "you have a £75 excess to pay"

Listerine & Poledo
i have 3rd party fire and theft

And there we have it.

Yeah, you're footing the bill.

One way or another you'd have paid similar anyway so you've lost nothing

Feel free to throw your toys as Admiral but don't expect it to make any difference.

They'll direct you to an approved fitter as process, irrespective of your level of cover

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im fully comp with them, have windscreen cover and the details are included on my policy documents under my actual excess bit.

i renewed with them a few weeks back and fully comp was £18 more than 3rd party and i had a cracked windscreen which is about a foot long now lol so was a no brainer.

it doesn't affect your policy if you claim, ive had about 4 windscreens in the last 6 years

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
And there we have it. Yeah, you're footing the bill. One way or another you'd have paid similar anyway so you've lost nothing Feel free to throw your toys as Admiral but don't expect it to make any difference. They'll direct you to an approved fitter as process, irrespective of your level of cover

fyi you can have 3rd part and windscreen cover. As i do. Seems that national windscreens finance department was at fault. no extra to pay