ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral are tossers!!

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Well as some of you may know, I had a bump a few weeks ago, damaging my headlights
, bumper, bonnet and side wing.

Went to collect my car yesterday only to see that everything had been fixed apart from the bonnet which had only been half fixed!!

The reason.....'because it was not deemed to be part of the claim!! I went mad at them and refused to collect my car, went back home in my company car and rang Admiral up to find out why they feel I should pay £350 and loose my NCB for them to fix only half my car!!

I now have to wait till next week as the garage its at have taken photos and sent them off to admiral to review!! Not at all happy, what made me laugh was, I noticed it as soon as I walked past it as I headed to the reception, and the receptionist even said; 'I knew you were going to say that, I said the same thing'.

Admiral, u better pull your fingers out!!!!

Hopefully just a mistake and will get sorted, what was there actual reasoning behind the bonnet not being covered?

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Hopefully just a mistake and will get sorted, what was there actual reasoning behind the bonnet not being covered?

all i was told by the manager of the repair company was it was not included in the repair cost by admiral, for what ever reason, so they have just left the dent in the bonnet sprayed over it, I am a little annoyed with the repair company, coz how hard would it have been to put a bit of filler in the dent and sand it smooth, before spraying.

Stripped yozza'd cup
To be honest, you're lucky they didn't fill it.... if they had, then you wouldn't necessarily noticed that it had been done and wouldn't have contacted admiral. It probably would have gone unnoticed until it started cracking.

Black Gold Trophy
Still if they were going to spray it anyway, it would have been in their own interest to contact you and let you know before hand, and I would rather supply a new bonnet for them to paint and be done with it.
It would save them the hassle of having you kicking off and possibly having to redo the work.

I'm with admiral and despite them being the cheapest they are apparently a pain in the arse when it comes to making a claim. That's why I never would claim if I could help it and just fork out for the repairs myself and keep my insurance cheap.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, that's a tightly run bodyshop. we value our work over humping the customer at every turn but because of how their contracts will work, every penny is a prisoner.

Thye may charge £40 per hour. It would have taken 1 1/2 hours to fix and prime that dent (this is fact) so there's £60. Multiply that for every job they do? That's a lot of time and money on something you ain't getting paid for.

If it's not acc related why should they fix it for free. It's kinda both their faults but you have to understand how these things work.

What Jack said is called upselling, better paying them £30 and them to fic the dent than them paint over it, that's poor estimating. Most of the money on my estimate is made from upselling.

Lots of car park dents on door that we will be blending. If I can get £100 of the boy to sort all of them i'm quids in as we'll be painting the door anyway and it'll make the job look 100x better.

Sometimes we do just fill dents and not worry about getting paid for them. I have a great working relationship with my insurance companies so I get paid for what we do do.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Hmmm, that's a tightly run bodyshop. we value our work over humping the customer at every turn but because of how their contracts will work, every penny is a prisoner.

Thye may charge £40 per hour. It would have taken 1 1/2 hours to fix and prime that dent (this is fact) so there's £60. Multiply that for every job they do? That's a lot of time and money on something you ain't getting paid for.

If it's not acc related why should they fix it for free. It's kinda both their faults but you have to understand how these things work.

What Jack said is called upselling, better paying them £30 and them to fic the dent than them paint over it, that's poor estimating. Most of the money on my estimate is made from upselling.

Lots of car park dents on door that we will be blending. If I can get £100 of the boy to sort all of them i'm quids in as we'll be painting the door anyway and it'll make the job look 100x better.

Sometimes we do just fill dents and not worry about getting paid for them. I have a great working relationship with my insurance companies so I get paid for what we do do.

I think he is saying the dent was part of the accident, and should have been repaired with the rest of the car,
however it seemed to drop off the radar and admiral only asked for the bonnet to be sprayed.

if this is the case, i feel for you dude and that is a ballache but the garage did nothing wrong, perhaps it would have been logical to contact you and offer to fill the dent at an extra cost rather than spend time painted a dented bonnet but thats how a lot of big companies work!!

IF the dent was there before the accident, you should have contacted the body shop and asked them to fill it rather than assume they would!!

hope you get it all sorted, and this thread could use pics if you took any!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The dent definitely isn't part of the accident although I assume the bonnet was marked in the accident. To be fair they could have fixed it and charged the insurance company as they wouldn't know either way.

What the case me be is they work for a contract price. ie £1500 for every single job they do whether it's a £400 or a £4000 they get paid £1500. It's crazy but a lot of companies work that way so the garages are forced into doing half a job to save time and money.

Clio
I was with Admiral and I had a scratch on my rear bumper where someone hit me. When they came to pick the car up i showed them a crease in the rear 3/4. They sorted that aswell no problems even though it was obvious it wouldn't have been caused in the accident!