ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

adjusting headlights

pug 106 rallye S2
hey all,
i ahev a 02 plate 172ff with the xenons it has been lowered 17mm all round (measured once they settled) but the xenon light beam seems to sit pretty close to the car i.e not much length to the beams
is it possible to adjust them like normal lights?
or is it a tech job?
all great apart from unless i use full beam i cant see much ahead of me!

182 inside
self levelling system etc. you can adjust them but it might fail mot due to your adjustments. the dealer will do it with their equipment.

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
Just to clarify this, I have the same problem on my 182. It looks like there are some adjusters on the lamps that you need an allen key to turn, I have access to a beam tester so I can set them properly but will the sensor just cancel out any adjustments I make? or is it not that clever?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Adjust them with the white allen screws with the engine running , if you don't when you turn your engine on they will adjust themselves back again .

HEADLIGHTADJUSTERPASSENGERSIDESmall.jpg

HEADLIGHTADJUSTERDRIVERSSIDESmall.jpg

Clown Car
If you have lowered your car, won't the level sensor on the rear axle now think that there is weight in the back of the car because the body is going to be closer to the rear axle and so adjust the headlights down?.

I thought i read on here that Renault could plug in the CLIP and tell the level sensor of a new normal running height, the headlights will now continue to adjust themselves from this new level setting during driving, because the car is lower they may still have to be adjusted manually.

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
No need to take it to Renault . Do what i said in my post :quiet:

Renault + clip = £££'s ;)

pug 106 rallye S2
adjusted them last night and they seem ok now can actually see the road put about one full turn on them which has made a pretty good difference without blinding the world... will drop it to my mates garage and use his level testers wall thing and get them set right soon...
thanks guys
oh 6mm allen key for your info