ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding speakers in the back? (clio pov spec)

Renault Clio Mk2
so at the minute my clio doesn't have speakers in the back D: i don't care to be honest, but getting a few complaints from some of the lads (cheeky tw**s) so how would i go about doing this? like what sort of cable, and how do i run it? cheers guys.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
So you have no physical speakers in the back at all or you have unwired speakers/speaker slots?

Renault Clio Mk2
So you have no physical speakers in the back at all or you have unwired speakers/speaker slots?
i'm pretty sure there isn't a wire running there, its the extreme 3, but I can't check now as the car is having a clutch replacement, just read a guide on here and if theres no wire I think I shall do as @TheEvilGiraffe has said haha! if there is though, the front speakers are being changed anyway, so i'll just whack those in!

Renault Clio Mk2
Hmmm, it's unusual to have rear speakers in general or a place for them afaik?
I took the speaker grill off the back and think there was mounts for the rear speakers but as i've said i'm not 100% :/ think i'm going to have to wait til its back! (hopefully tomorrow;D)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I took the speaker grill off the back and think there was mounts for the rear speakers but as i've said i'm not 100% :/ think i'm going to have to wait til its back! (hopefully tomorrow;D)
My 1.2 RN (mk2ph1) had no speakers or cables in the back. It's like a two hour job (for one) to neatly run cables to them from the back of the stereo, generally all stereos have four speaker outputs, so I just cut into these and connected them up. Simple.

I even have some random speakers I found in a box of clio parts the other day sitting in my kitchen. You're welcome to them for postage costs.

Renault Clio Mk2
My 1.2 RN (mk2ph1) had no speakers or cables in the back. It's like a two hour job (for one) to neatly run cables to them from the back of the stereo, generally all stereos have four speaker outputs, so I just cut into these and connected them up. Simple.

I even have some random speakers I found in a box of clio parts the other day sitting in my kitchen. You're welcome to them for postage costs.
Hrm, is it worth 4 hours for someone to stop complaining.. i don't think so:wink: as said above, they don't like it, they can find there own way around mwaha. i'm too selfish for that haha! cheers for the help and advice though guys! always get great and quick replies:tongueout:

i'll get back to you on that! don't wait for me though if someone else wants them:)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hrm, is it worth 4 hours for someone to stop complaining.. i don't think so:wink: as said above, they don't like it, they can find there own way around mwaha. i'm too selfish for that haha! cheers for the help and advice though guys! always get great and quick replies:tongueout:
You sound like @fairm010 ! His passenger window hasn't worked for over a year but he doesn't fix it because "his works fine"!

Renault Clio Mk2
You sound like @fairm010 ! His passenger window hasn't worked for over a year but he doesn't fix it because "his works fine"!
that is me all over hahah! took about a month to finally give in to the nagging of a passenger (the bloody passenger seat had stopped locking in, so everytime you broke they slid around everywhere, was quite comical tbh haha)