ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adapting a Megan engine head to Clio 172

Clio 172
Hello All,

I got a Clio sport with a cracked head. We cannot get used heads here but the shop that is rebuilding the engine told me that the 172 head is the same as F4R 150hp with a bit of porting in the intake area.

I would love to hear some opinions on this

Thanks,

Nadav

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Where are you based? Im sure someone on here can send you a head they have laying about. Would be much easier than trying to make one which works :S

Clio 172
Thanks for your replys

I am from Israel, there were not many engines like that sold here so it is impossible to find a head.

It is also not easy to get shipped here because of very strict importing restrictions so if a conversion is possible it would be the easiest solution. Although it would be nicer to install an original head of course.

We rebuilt the block with Wossner pistons and all new bearings and we would like to try and get the best results possible.

Dan, is your engine block from a Megan as well?

Thanks,

Nadav

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Thanks for your replys

I am from Israel, there were not many engines like that sold here so it is impossible to find a head.

It is also not easy to get shipped here because of very strict importing restrictions so if a conversion is possible it would be the easiest solution. Although it would be nicer to install an original head of course.

We rebuilt the block with Wossner pistons and all new bearings and we would like to try and get the best results possible.

Dan, is your engine block from a Megan as well?

Thanks,

Nadav

not any more, although I think only the pistons are any different. I still have the megane block which will no doubt be used for a high power build at some point

Clio 172
Thanks guys for all of your answers.

So, Can you give me some tips on how to do the conversion? do I have to have a CNC machine because the shop that is doing the engine thinks it can be done manually.

Thanks,

Nadav