ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AD08R tyre pressures

Cayman S, RB 182
Hi,

I have a set of new 195/50 r15 AD08R, I'm wondering what would be a good starting point for pressures. This will be for a track night at knockhill.

Going to start out with 30 front and 28 rear for scrubbing them in on the road. Good idea?

Cheers

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Depends what sort of balance you want. I've started putting a psi or two higher at the back on track to give me a little more adjustability

172 Cup
Mine really doesn't seem to like anything below 27.5 at the rear.. I tried 26 and it just didn't feel right! I generally run 27.5 rear and adjust the front around the 28-29 mark. I have high rear spring rates though.. 450lb/in.

02 Iceberg 172
Couldn't find anything specific on the yokohama.co.uk website but on yokohama.com.au they say 'Set ADVAN Neovas up like race tyres so that your hot pressures, when you come off the track are between 32 and 36 psi.' Just got a set on my 172 and will use this as a starting point when I take them out on track next...

Cayman S, RB 182
Thanks for all the input folks, I have 30/28 cold just now for road use to scrub them in. I'll do a few warm up laps and then reduce the pressures to suit on track

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
i started out 30psi all round for track, then continually let them down to 30psi, then, after advice dropped the rears to 28psi and fronts to 26 psi.

They crept back up to 30, so dropped them to 24 (Advice from a professional driver at lydden hill which is a track that has rep for eating tyres) and the grip was fab, and had a couple really good sesh's at endof day

Problem is, when i got home, the next day i looked at the fronts and theyre well mashed. One has a channel gouged down the centre, and the other has its surface all breaking away, mainly on the shoulders. Rears arent tooo bad

So great times, but the tyres are toast.

Gonna have to get a cheaper option, (7mm used road tyres fitted and balanced for £20?) or run tyres a bit higher

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, that low is more slick levels, I run my slicks at 26/26 front rear when hot and the semis same as road pressures 32/30 front rear but when hot

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Just taken the front two off, and one seems ok ish, and the other has lumps out of it.
Would that one be ok to run on the track? Tread is several mm, just a few chunks on the outer shoulder missing

Thought it was low to let them down to 24psi, but the grip was immense
Cant get thru tyres that quik tho...