ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic Valve

Mk4 .:R32
Just a few quick questions:

What does it do?
How do you remove it?
Will it make it easier to route a CAF if I removed it?

Cheers

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It does something to do with controlling noise

Couple of bolts and lots of swearing

Yup it'll make it a shed load easier

178hp 172 Cup
removed mine with Frosty last week!!! its a bit of a pain, especially in the dark, but u dont need to b an expert to do it!!! it makes the induction a little louder!! some like and some dont

RS Clio 200
quick suggestion, try the search box, has been covered about 86 times in the last month
but as im feeling kind today lol:

- regulates induction noise to meet EU reuirements
- remove front passenger wheel, remove arch line and u cant miss it, coupleof screww and bobs ure uncle. Just make sure u block the pipe up that goes to the throttle body.
- depends where u route a CAF from

Mk4 .:R32
Is it that section of piping that runs just behind the big fan? I swear loads when I'm trying to sort my car out. Ended up attacking the old air box with a chisel and a hammer to take it out.

Cliosport 172
there's also a really good guide on the trophy website by Matt7 i believe, got pics of each step