ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acer laptop brand new but slow?!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
That statement about the Acer CEO is hardly true is it? Obviously when you say you have seen" every brand of laptop and in high quantities" Didn't see many Acer's did you? The acer laptop i had was cracking, could not fault it. Ran most games pretty well.

I wouldn't have said it, if it wasn't true

http://allthingsd.com/20111207/acer-ceo-were-going-to-stop-selling-cheap-unprofitable-crap/

Off the top of my head, I have probably seen about 50-100 Acer's. Either broken (usually down to cheap Chinese cap's) or their owners asking why they are "so slow". If you mean in a business capacity, then you are correct, I do not supply Acer laptops to any of our staff. If you are happy with your Acer laptop then I am happy for you, it clearly fits your needs.

Some people are happy driving around in a Lada, others prefer something with a bit of build quality, usually German. Both are driveable, but I know which one I would choose if the price was the same.

I wouldn't have said it, if it wasn't true

http://allthingsd.com/20111207/acer-ceo-were-going-to-stop-selling-cheap-unprofitable-crap/

Off the top of my head, I have probably seen about 50-100 Acer's. Either broken (usually down to cheap Chinese cap's) or their owners asking why they are "so slow". If you mean in a business capacity, then you are correct, I do not supply Acer laptops to any of our staff. If you are happy with your Acer laptop then I am happy for you, it clearly fits your needs.

Some people are happy driving around in a Lada, others prefer something with a bit of build quality, usually German. Both are driveable, but I know which one I would choose if the price was the same.

That's not what he said though is it.

The CEO of Acer actually stated they make crap products if that helps. The quality of the components they use is shocking.

When he actually said "We will shift our strategy to improving profitability from pursuing market share blindly with cheap and unprofitable products", he's saying they're targeting a higher end market, because later on he then says "Ultrabooks will become our key growth driver next year as customers want a lighter, thinner notebook with longer battery life. Selling more ultrabooks will also help improve our profit margins as they command higher prices."

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
If you're happy, then what does it matter what I think, Acer fanboys unite and enjoy.... (your trip to the repair shop)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
why didn't I just get one off @Perrinho first!?
Lenovo super fast new laptop and absolutely loving it! Bit big but that's actually better for home, phone will do for taking with me anywhere.

Cheers all, BOXED OFF

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Lenovo thinkpad E555 20DH and he upgraded the ram to 8gb.

It's asking me to update bios?? Do I want to do this??

76b068f7a37c20aa73987efdf687c723.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice, I just bought a T61 for my old dear as she just browses, stuck an SSD and 4gb of ram in it, with windows 7, owes me about £100 and its spot on for the cash!

My sister just recently came home with some Packard bell thing, spec was what I would have considered about borderline for usable tbh these days dual core intel, 3gb ram, the usual loads of space but s**t slow HDD, and it was terrible totally unusable! no wonder people who don't know much about computers get frustrated when they buy these things!, ive never saw so much bloatware on a computer in my life there was literally about 100 extra programs installed, I left the orginal install on it but just stripped it all out and it runs fine now!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I have absolutely no idea about computers, it's on par with my mum logging into pistonheads forums to look for a replacement for a Vauxhall corsa.