ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accelation loss after altenator change

2003 Clio 172
Dude......just get it to another, reputable garage, or one of the guys above and get some peace of mind. Stop worrying about the detail.
Power is back......great.

You are hearing some new noises now but you are LISTENING for them now and constantly talking about the broken car.....which I don't think it is. I think this is psychological :smile:

You drive a diesel. There will be oil in every part of the engine, including the intake/inter-cooler. Dirty, stinky, derv, oil.

Before the part that has the disconnected pipes, is a turbo.......that turbo has a tiny bearing in the middle of it fed with oil.....with miles comes some wear and that small bearing allows some oil to slip past. Not necessarily a bad thing.....specially a derv. As said, it will be a fine mist of oil under the boosted air pressure and will probably just be getting burnt off......this oil does not go back into the engine.

Drive her on and enjoy.

J

I know, I know. It's just the hissing noise that bothers me and the fact that when i put my foot down the IC pipe wants to come off. Once I've got that secured that should be the end of my concerns. I didn't know very much about the diesel IC system before this incident so much of my questions are educating me even if I won't action anything based on them.