ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absolute Scum! So, so Gutted!

Renaultsport 220T
R20GRC said:
mate, i feel sorry for you, but what's the deal with the ebay listing? Are you for real or what? How can you expect other people to give you money? My gfs clio has had its bonnet kicked in for absolutely no reason whatsoever, I feel exactly as you do about this sort of thing and am also pissed off that I am going to have to spend my hard earned to get it sorted. But, I don't expect other people to pay for it. Get over it, get it sorted yourself.

Agree 100%. Bit sad to ask other people to pay for it for you.

VRS
gutted for you mate, but begging for cash to repair the car and to fit a cctv unit at home is just wrong!
sh*t happens! we just have to deal with it!!!!

Fiesta ST
end of the day if this guy can afford a trophy then i should think hes not short of a bob or two so he can pay for it himself.

Cooper S JCW
There are too many disrespectful little sh*tes around who thing they are the baddest thing around by trying to intimidate people. The glass bus shelter down the road from me seems to get smashed every week - and then people make excuses for the them like - "there aren't enough activities for young people" or "it's there family circumstances"!

B*ll*cks - they just see other idiots getting away with it on the news everyday and so they do it!

If it makes you feel any better I caught a 16 year old youth trying to steal the custom tyre caps from my dad's coupe. He didn't hear me come up behind him. The next minute he couldn't walk and was crying his eyes out - I don't know what happened officer I think he fell and banged his back on the floor! ......saw him 3 weeks later and he still had a limp!

It shouldn't come to this but you feel like there is no choice

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Bring back capital punishment and start making these tossers pay with humiliation for their crimes.

Bit of a piss take asking people to pay for your damaged car too. But saying as your so hard working im sure you'll have no bother saving a couple of hundred to get a bonnet respray.

Mondeo STTDCI
I'd be interested to know what the Police COULD do in a crime whereby there are no witnesses, no Scenes of Crime Evidence, no person's thought responsible, No CCTV.

If anyones got any ideas....? :eek:

RenaultSport clio 18
SCUM, W#NKERS,C#NTS, c**k SUCKING JEALOUS LITTLE PRICKED F#CKWITS +
So sorry to see the pics mate, if you find them give em a kickin from all rs owners, nice and firm in the nuts, hope you get it sorted soon.

MINI JCW
Sorry to hear about this mate, ive said it before but unfortunately somepeople in this world have no respect for others

BMW 320d SE
Totally gutted for you matey. My Clio is my baby, and if she ever got damaged like that I don't know what I'd do, but you've just got to look to getting it sorted now.
Like someone has already said, there's a few companies out there who can fix your paint job without repsraying the whole bonnet, like ChipsAway, for example.
I just hope it doesn't cost you too much

Dave said:
I'd be interested to know what the Police COULD do in a crime whereby there are no witnesses, no Scenes of Crime Evidence, no person's thought responsible, No CCTV.

If anyones got any ideas....? :eek:

Well said. All the 'police do nothing' qoutes are a bit nieve. Do people think police officers walk around with crystal balls containing all the info they need. "No officer, I didnt see anything, my neighbours didnt, there is no CCTV, and I have no information that might assist any further enquiries. But why cant you just arrest him anyway??".

MRBILLYUK said:
What do the police do about criminal damage these days ? JACK sh*t !!!!

Very ture.

Some kids thought it would be fun to boot my mates Focus in while he was at a set of lgihts. He reported it to the police and they told him that they're not going to take it furhter because ''it was only kids playing''!!!!No I'm not joking, that's exactly what they said.

TheClioLad said:
Very ture.

Some kids thought it would be fun to boot my mates Focus in while he was at a set of lgihts. He reported it to the police and they told him that they're not going to take it furhter because ''it was only kids playing''!!!!No I'm not joking, that's exactly what they said.

Sorry, thats hard to believe! If thats the truth your mate should make an issue of it as its stright forward criminal damage (as long as there was actually damage!) - but I dont think any police officer would try to glaze that over as 'kids playing', he'd get dragged across the coles by his boss!

Williams025 said:
Sorry, thats hard to believe! If thats the truth your mate should make an issue of it as its stright forward criminal damage (as long as there was actually damage!) - but I dont think any police officer would try to glaze that over as 'kids playing', he'd get dragged across the coles by his boss!

honestly mate. ture story but my mate couldn't be bothered to take it up any further so he just dropped it.

Sorry to hear about the car mate. Bet it was done out of jealousy. I had a mint Nova GSi a few years ago and had it keyed all down one side. cost loads to get sorted. Police didnt help 1 bit!

Citroen DS3 DSport
makavelli said:
gutted for you mate, but begging for cash to repair the car and to fit a cctv unit at home is just wrong!
sh*t happens! we just have to deal with it!!!!

I echo these thoughts.

No more clio's for me!
The little inconciderate tw@ts! Criminal damage is the lowest of the low! I had a little pr1ck try and kick my car as i drove past him and his spotty track suit wearing peers yesterday! So fecking annoying really feel for ya bud! :(

Clio Trophy
Well, well, well. Some of you have been busy while i have been away!

Cheers for all the positive comments, i am seriously gutted about it and hope to get it all sorted soon and that it was a 1 off!

I know that S**t like this happens, my main concern is paying out to get it re-sprayed, only for it to get keyed back up again when the inconsiderate, mindless little idiot walks past again, see it's been repaired and think it's time for them to display their less than artistic talents again! On my bonnet!

As for the ebay listing!!! What have 'some' of you been going on about???
It was defianately done more for a 'Light Hearted' way to look at it rather than anything else. . . .

And it's not begging for money, cos if people did ( God Forbid ) decide to help out and lavidsh out £2.50, then i was prepared to give something back as described in the listing! As i said the CCTV footage could make for interesting viewing if there is a repeat attack!

Yeah fair enough hide behind your computer and be Negative and try and Flame me, but come on! Have a sense of Humour.

As for the work, it's beyond a Smart Repair as it turns out. Had the 'Chips Away' guy out, and he said it's too far gone. Scratches are too deep in places and go down to the metal! So it needs to have a proper bodyshop job done on it. Main quote so far is £250 which to me sounds expensive but i am waiting for 2 more quotes to come through.

Does anyone know of any Good Quality/Reasonably priced Bodyshops in or around the Cambridge Area??? Any good reccomendations would be a great help!

And also with regards to the home CCTV. I think it the only way forwad as i have no garage to use, and can honestly see it getting damaged again! Best way is to try and catch them so. . . Does anyone have or know of any good Home CCTV systems that get good quality Night Shots up to about 15 Metres??? Any website links or advice greatly appreciated.

Hope this clears everything up a little, cos it seems to have realy annoyed a few people on here and that was honestly not my intention!

But on the other hand, thanks again for all the support too. And i just hope that this deosn't become a crime that many of us get targeted with. Blood boiling cant be good for your health!

Cheers.

Wigstar1

insignia
Didnt annoy me one bit, and was suprised at some over the posts that were put down here that I thought were a bit OTT,but theyve probably got a hangover.

172 Cup
Try putting things into perspective..

You've had your bonnet scratched.. yes it's annoying and yes it's a pain in the arse but calling people keyboard warriors because they don't give you enough sympathy is childish.

There's a guy on another forum who was at work when 4 men kicked in his front door, smacked his wife about a bit and nicked the car keys. All for a peice of metal and four wheels. He's posted warning people what can happen. Not for sympathy and certainly not for "donations"..

Get over yourself and get it repaired.

Da

Less
well said Griff, my bonnet has been keyed/damaged twice in the 3 years I've had my Clio. Both times I have posted on here to express my annoyance, but certainly never to ask for money. At the end of the day s**t happens, I alone have had 1 new bonnet and 2 resprays costing me well over £500.

Clio Trophy
Well it's obvious whatever i write im not going to please everyone!

I'd prefer some advice on CCTV systems or decent Bodyshops as in my last post, so any help ( Non Financial ) is greatly appreciated!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
at the end of the day mate, light-hearted or not, you are still taking money of complete strangers and what for?? You need a reality check. I'm going to start an ebay listing of my own, asking people to donate their cash to me because I want more money.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
R20GRC said:
at the end of the day mate, light-hearted or not, you are still taking money of complete strangers and what for?? You need a reality check. I'm going to start an ebay listing of my own, asking people to donate their cash to me because I want more money.

My kurbed alloys are more of a fitting cause than yours i'm afraid :mad: ;)

Clio 04 172 Cup
I think the situation stinks for the person who's car got damaged! The fact that the gets who done will never be brought to justice stinks even more!
I have seen on this thread some realy condeming comments about Wigstar I personaly think it was rather industrias myself maybe not something I would do but none the less live and let live.

MKIII 138
he was trying to find a solution to gove us all something to hope for by trying to catch one of the feckers.

but yea its a bonnet, and when you do move in the future the people who did this will be dead in a flat from a drug overdose or stuck in the same place for the rest of their lives.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Williams025 said:
Well said. All the 'police do nothing' qoutes are a bit nieve. Do people think police officers walk around with crystal balls containing all the info they need. "No officer, I didnt see anything, my neighbours didnt, there is no CCTV, and I have no information that might assist any further enquiries. But why cant you just arrest him anyway??".

the police wouldnt do anything if they could, bunch of useless, over paid fools.

I wouldn't piss on em if they were on fire.

Crazy Clio said:
the police wouldnt do anything if they could, bunch of useless, over paid fools.

I really dont understand why there are so many anti police comments on this website. Crazy Clio - thats a very strong opinion, which of course you are entitled to (even if its completely wrong) but I would be intrigued to know on what personal experience that is based on. The police do a tough job, with the down and dirty scum of the planet on a daily basis, and risk their lives for the sake of public safety... The majority of the public are fortunate enough not to know what police officers have to deal with every working day.

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Crazy Clio said:

With any luck if your cars being broke into they'll stand back and watch. You deserve it.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've needed the police on three car related occasions. First when a drunk uninsured driver crashed into me, secondly when my car keys were stolen from me at knife point and thirdly when I some people attempted to car jack me. did they do ANYTHING, it took them 3 days to come out for the key theft, they didnt even bother the other 2 times, complete waste of time.

If my house was burgled, I wouldnt even contact the police, they are a waste of f**king time, too busy with pulling people over for incorrect p0lat spacing.

If my car was being broken into they probably would stand back and watch.

From now on, if anything happens locally, im going to pay a few crack heads to find out who did it and sort it my self.

It is a strong opinion, but dont think it isnt backed up with reason!

Also, why when they pull you over, do they automatically become cocky and think they are better than you?

Last edited:
Crazy Clio said:
I've needed the police on three car related occasions. First when a drunk uninsured driver crashed into me, secondly when my car keys were stolen from me at knife point and thirdly when I some people attempted to car jack me. did they do ANYTHING, it took them 3 days to come out for the key theft, they didnt even bother the other 2 times, complete waste of time.

If my house was burgled, I wouldnt even contact the police, they are a waste of f**king time, too busy with pulling people over for incorrect p0lat spacing.

If my car was being broken into they probably would stand back and watch.

From now on, if anything happens locally, im going to pay a few crack heads to find out who did it and sort it my self.

It is a strong opinion, but dont think it isnt backed up with reason!

Also, why when they pull you over, do they automatically become c**ky and think they are better than you?

Sorry, what your talking about are all grade 1 immidiate calls. NO police force wouldnt attend any of those incidents within 4 minutes. Lets look at what your talking about;

1 - a robbery involving a leathal weapon
2 - A drunk driver out of control smashing into traffic
3 - a car jacking

Complete bullsh1t. As for too busy pulling people over, most of the time response officers dont even get the chance as they are going from job to job to job. Not all police are traffic officers, so dont base your opinion on police in general on that.

Mondeo STTDCI
A very good point Williams025 but I will re-grade those calls for you as to how they ACTUALLY came in (probably).

1 - The car key robbery. Ok, so it happened. But I have a feeling that it was called in hours after the event. Suspects long gone, poor descriptions given etc.
2 - Drunk Driver/Uninsured. Would need more details TBH.
3 - Attempted Car jacking. Again was probably called in long after the event, poor descriptions, suspects long gone.

Dave said:
A very good point Williams025 but I will re-grade those calls for you as to how they ACTUALLY came in (probably).

1 - The car key robbery. Ok, so it happened. But I have a feeling that it was called in hours after the event. Suspects long gone, poor descriptions given etc.
2 - Drunk Driver/Uninsured. Would need more details TBH.
3 - Attempted Car jacking. Again was probably called in long after the event, poor descriptions, suspects long gone.

...and reported for the benefit of a crime number.