ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs & traction control light

clio rs 182
iv had these 2 lights come on randomly,had it on diagnostics and doesnt show a fault, needed new tyres so tried new tyres but still happens, any ideas?

Da

Less
Possibly an ABS sensor then.

If it's at speed/after prolonged driving it's usually the brake pedal switch.

182 Sport 2.0I
Did you get this sortted? Mine is doing it still. Ive had the Break sensor out and thats fine i think

Da

Less
Could be an ABS ring or sensor, do you feel any 'clunk' from the wheels when driving?

Lou

Da said:
Could be an ABS ring or sensor, do you feel any 'clunk' from the wheels when driving?

Can't say I do. Not noticed any diff except the 3 lights coming on!

Da

Less
Three lights? Meaning the serv light, ABS and traction control lights?

Brake pedal switch if so.

clio 182 cup
iv had these 2 lights come on randomly,had it on diagnostics and doesnt show a fault, needed new tyres so tried new tyres but still happens, any ideas?
BREAK IN ABS PULSE RING ON THE CV JOINT CAN CAUSE A LIGHT TO COME ON, AS THE LARGE GAP BETWEEN THE TEETH CONFUSES THE PICKUP, OR A NAUGHTY SENSOR, BUT USALLY IF THAT WAS THE CASE, THE FUALT CODE WOULD BE SPEED SENSOR OPEN CIRCUIT. IF THE LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT, ITS PROBIBLY A SENSOR.

Caterham 270R
Three lights? Meaning the serv light, ABS and traction control lights?

Brake pedal switch if so.

Thats what mine was , the brake pedal felt funny on my car then the lights came on.

Last edited:

Da

Less
BREAK IN ABS PULSE RING ON THE CV JOINT CAN CAUSE A LIGHT TO COME ON, AS THE LARGE GAP BETWEEN THE TEETH CONFUSES THE PICKUP, OR A NAUGHTY SENSOR, BUT USALLY IF THAT WAS THE CASE, THE FUALT CODE WOULD BE SPEED SENSOR OPEN CIRCUIT. IF THE LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT, ITS PROBIBLY A SENSOR.

This was the problem on my Mum's Clio. I changed the ABS ring for the princely sum of £11 :approve:

It's not as bad as it sounds.

Lou

After I stopped last night then restarted later the lights stayed off! I'll still have a look at the switch on the weekend!