ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, traction control and service light

Clio 3 RS200 Cup
Hi all, I really really need any assistance possible so any replies would be really appreciated.
The other day I was just driving like normal and the ABS, traction control, and service spanner all came on at the same time, never happened before so I thought must just be an error. Turned car off and back on and it went away and then came back just down the road. Not a clue how this has come about.
The one big thing I noticed is that after I turn off the car and the lights go away, when I brake a shake/vibration comes through the brake pedal very irregular, as if abs is like spitting if that makes sense, but I was not braking hard enough to need abs anyway?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, the local garage isn’t willing to help me out even by pulling codes from OBD so I’m sort of stuck.
02BEAB18-619A-4E1B-9FC2-DCFF0B493943.jpeg

Clio 3 RS200 Cup
Rusty, damaged, broken ABS ring?
Definitely could be something like that, would make sense considering the jolty brake pedal before the ABS is turned off due to the light. Are these an expensive fix if I was to take it to a garage?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
ABS sensor or the ring/pickup as mentioned.

This is a Clio 197/200?

They don't have an abs ring on the driveshaft like the 172/182, it's actually part of the wheel bearing like a magnetic ring. So it would mean a bearing change if it is that.

Clio 3 RS200 Cup
Yeah I guess so, however, I also thought possibly could be ECU related or wheel speed sensor as I have the RS Monitor addon from factory, and usually it tells me my optimal gear, however, it no longer tells me this and is just simply blank which has never happened before, may be a completely unrelated issue that happened just at the same time, but very strange of that specific feature to stop working too. However, I could be looking into it too far and it could just be because of ABS issues.

Also my apologies, the model I have is a 200 Cup.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I guess so, however, I also thought possibly could be ECU related or wheel speed sensor as I have the RS Monitor addon from factory, and usually it tells me my optimal gear, however, it no longer tells me this and is just simply blank which has never happened before, may be a completely unrelated issue that happened just at the same time, but very strange of that specific feature to stop working too. However, I could be looking into it too far and it could just be because of ABS issues.

Also my apologies, the model I have is a 200 Cup.

That will be because it gets the speed data from the abs system, so if one is not working properly it might be temporarily disabling the gear feature.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Rear abs sensor bracket rots away so might be related to that at a wild guess. You need to scan it with clip to find the issue.

Clio 3 RS200 Cup
Rear abs sensor bracket rots away so might be related to that at a wild guess. You need to scan it with clip to find the issue.
Will a normal OBD reader not pick up what it is? Does it have to be a CAN Clip as these only usually from main dealers, or expensive to buy yourself.

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
ABS rings disintigrating is a very common problem on these. As far as I can remember its a pretty cheap and easy fix, it just sits behind the disk so you only need to remove the calliper and disk to get to it.

1643829180211.png