ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS ring / spongy brakes help please

Clio 172
Hi,

Just sold my 138k 172 at the weekend and bought a nice 80k 182 which is in immaculate condition apart from the ABS ring needs replacing as a slight judder in the pedal at low speeds and ABS kicks in far easier than it should. My question is though: does the ABS ring affect the braking in anyway as in being a spongey feel to it? Even before the ABS kicks in the brakes feel like they have sprayed with WD40 and don't seem to work no where near as well as my previous 172.

The discs and pads are both seemingly in good cindition and arent to old either. Paperwork shows they were replaced this year but just doesnt feel right at all. Im not exagerating, like it doesn't stop as it should and feel like i have to press the brake pedal in a lot compared to any other car i have driven. Any advice?