ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs - next step

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Back in 2010 I fitted a new engine. I can't remember whether the abs light was on from that exact moment or if it came on shortly after.
Needless to say the abs doesn't work although I didnt mind.

Until now, my mot friend keeps asking me to sort it and in the new year is going to be an arse when the new rules are enforced.

As the car is off the road I can take my time but where to start?! A basic code reader did not highlight any abs faults (expected that, without clip) but I would at least like to eliminate a few options before admitting defeat and handing it over for someone else to tell me.

Abs sensors form part of the front hubs, so buying them first? But then the issues with replacing those...
I am armed with a multimeter and a torch, maybe chasing wires in the first instance?

Any diagrams?
Any ideas?
Anyone close to Doncaster who can sort!?

I'm stuck.
Or just blank out the LEDs in the dash?

Back in 2010 I fitted a new engine. I can't remember whether the abs light was on from that exact moment or if it came on shortly after.
Needless to say the abs doesn't work although I didnt mind.

Until now, my mot friend keeps asking me to sort it and in the new year is going to be an arse when the new rules are enforced.

As the car is off the road I can take my time but where to start?! A basic code reader did not highlight any abs faults (expected that, without clip) but I would at least like to eliminate a few options before admitting defeat and handing it over for someone else to tell me.

Abs sensors form part of the front hubs, so buying them first? But then the issues with replacing those...
I am armed with a multimeter and a torch, maybe chasing wires in the first instance?

Any diagrams?
Any ideas?
Anyone close to Doncaster who can sort!?

I'm stuck.
Or just blank out the LEDs in the dash?

Blanking out the LED doesn't work. Tried that one tuesday :dapprove:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm in Nottingham if you fancy the trip for a CLIP session.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'll probably take you up on that, will tax it in the new year and drop you a PM. How much would you want for your time?

Not a problem - normal rate is £35ph and one hour will 100% pip the problem.

Mick

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Not a problem - normal rate is £35ph and one hour will 100% pip the problem.

Mick

Sweet. Insurance is to be sorted tomorrow and taxed from the 2nd of Jan, so I'll PM you about a visit just in the new year.