ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS issue

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Abs kicking in at low speed and lightest of braking as if it would if I was too brake on a sheet of ice, abs and service light on, any one had same issue, any help appreciated

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
When I had a split ABS ring , the lightest of touches on the brake pedal would trigger the ABS , then lights on the dash. Once I had the lights on the dash I could drive it and the pedal wouldn't judder anymore when pressed. New ring , job sorted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Easy enough DIY job?
I got my local garage to do it as it was in for something else at the same time .
If you search on here or ebay . I bought mine from J+R who sell the driveshafts . They only cost about 3 quid

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Is there a way to tell which brake is the issue or do you just do both, watching some videos how too do it and I think it's going too save me hours if I just give it to a garage to do, need a service anyway

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is there a way to tell which brake is the issue or do you just do both, watching some videos how too do it and I think it's going too save me hours if I just give it to a garage to do, need a service anyway
I just noticed yours is a 1.6 . I don't know which ABS ring yours will be . If you take it to the garage they should know and like I said , they're only a couple of quid for a new ABS ring so don't let them tell you it's a silly amount of money for the part .

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Thinking of giving this a go now and looking on eBay there are two types a 26 tooth and a 44 tooth, think 44 front and 26 rear any ideas on this

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I changed mine a couple weeks ago, very easy job!
- Slaken the hub castle nuts on the ground (30mm).
- Jack both sides up on axle stands, wheels off.
- Remove the castle nut, and both bottom strut bolts (21mm).
- Remove the driveshaft you might need to use a mallet or punch to help knock it out the hub.
- Pull the driveshaft to one side and knock off the old ring, if it's cracked it should come off quite easy.
- Clean up the drive shaft using a steel wire attachment or rub it down by hand to remove any debris.
- Put a thin layer of grease inside the new ring and on the shaft to help it on, slowly tap it on evenly try not to damage the ring.
- Refit in reverse order, make sure to re-torque everything (Castle nut 280nm, strut bolts 180nm)

I changed both rings whilst I was at it, for the sake of a couple pound it's worth doing especially if you have camber bolts etc as the cost of having to get it realigned in the future out weighs it.

Hope that helps.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
To give you an idea what your attacking...
IMG_1824.JPG