ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs esp service light fault

clio sport 172
Hi guys im new to the site as I only yesterday bought a 03 plate 172 with 89000 miles. Loving every minute of it apart from the fact that the esp light, abs light and and service light randomly come on. The garagei bought the car from put it on a diagnostics and it showed a faulty steering sensor. He showed me through the live feed on the diagnostic that the sensor was working. He then deleted the fault. Trouble is it keeps happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Should of bought a cup and have it all binned off lol..

Welcome buddy I'm sure the forum will have a thread on how to sort it out, although could be brake pedal switch, ABS sensor, or indeed as the garage said the steering squid ma'jobby

clio sport 172
Think you could be right with the brake pedal switch. Brake lights only come on when pedal is to the floor. Adjusted the switch with no joy. So time to try a new switch. Fingers crossed!

Renault Clio 182
Think you could be right with the brake pedal switch. Brake lights only come on when pedal is to the floor. Adjusted the switch with no joy. So time to try a new switch. Fingers crossed!

This happened to me with my 182 and there is a guide on here somewhere as it's what I used and I adjusted the brake pedal switch and it hasn't come on since but if you go through the guides you should find it.

clio sport 172
Cheers a_boughtwood. Seems to have done the trick. Got a buzzing noise coming from somewhere around the interior light that ive noticed. Should be able to find out about it on here. Seems full of usefull info.